Few Q's about Superb ownership.

Hello,

Im new to Skoda ownership, and have a few Questions about mine. 

It's a 2013 Superb Outdoor, 170 DSG with Columbus DAB nav system fitted. 

1st- Has anyone managed to fit a set of mudflaps / splash guards to an outdoor, bought the genuine Skoda ones for a Superb 2, only to find they don't fit quite right,

If not, once I have fitted mine I'll post up some pics etc on how to do it.

2nd- I believe there is a recall for the badges & wheel centre caps due to corrosion or "white worm"?

How do I go about getting this checked, is it as simple as a call to the local dealer?

3rd- (and most annoying) Every time I start the car the radio comes up with a screen that says Skoda Navigation and takes approx 30-40 seconds to then go to DAB also,

the dash MFD always reverts back to Av MPG, no matter what I set it to (would like it to always start up on the Audio option) It always reverts back to the Av MPG once ign is turned off. 

Is this a normal function or can it be changed, Iv'e tried all the options available in the MFD, and nothing seems to give me the option I want.

(and if anyone can tell me how to upload pics, I will happily do so if that will help)

Any help at all appreciated,

Thank you, Jason.  

Sorry, Not sure how you edit a post so couldn't add this into the above.

The windscreen wipers are hitting something on the down sweep when on setting 2 or 3, again is this an easy fix or a known issue?

Thank you.  

Welcome.

First the edit, as I am now doing. Just to the left of multi quote is a non highlighted edit simply touch that to edit.

Second the badges are replaced under warranty as and when the badges show white worm. White worm is quite distinctive as the name suggests.

Edited by Danny 57

Welcome aboard Griff :thumbup:

I've looked at fitting mudflaps/spats but not taken the plunge yet. Not heard of any issues but on previous cars I have soaked mine in a sink with boiling (very hot) water to help try to get a better fit. A quick search on here (use the drop down menu box top right on this page beneath your name/sign out text - then select 'forums' rather than just 'This topic') might help you as many owners fit mud flaps across all models.

Badges are a known issue and a call/drop in to your dealer should sort it.

Not sure about the DAB columbus. Mine is the non DAB unit with TV etc. and does take 30+  seconds to boot up. My MFD certainly stays where I put it before switch off (speed setting for me) so not sure on that. It does sound like a 'set up' issue of some kind which will probably just need a play around with button pushing....yes, I know....that doesn't help  :D

To load pics/photos, at the bottom right of this screen is text that says 'more reply options' - click on that and you will get the option to upload photos from your PC/Mac/tablet which will get attached to your message. There is also a 'preview' button that will help you to see what things look like before posting. 

Good luck with it all,

Dave

Edited by Wile7

Cheers for replies so far guys,

Looks like I can't edit posts or post pics for a while, as I'm a nooby here! 

Just spoken to my local Skoda dealer, and they have said to call back tomorrow to talk to the service manager to arrange an inspection of the badges etc, but looks like there still covered under warranty, & they will look at the MFD too! 

so happy days.

• Like 1

Push for the new style badges - don't rot and IMHO look better

I couldn't get them, dealership replaced like with like - so I have a full set of the original look badges (never used) - and I bought (they fitted) the new style ones.

Chris

I fitted aftermarket / Ebay mudflaps to a "standard" Superb estate. The body is the same as an outdoor. I fitted mine between the plastic wheel arch liner and wheel arch and they went on without problem.

The Columbus is dead slow to a) boot up, B) respond.

I fitted aftermarket / Ebay mudflaps to a "standard" Superb estate. The body is the same as an outdoor. I fitted mine between the plastic wheel arch liner and wheel arch and they went on without problem.

The Columbus is dead slow to a) boot up, B) respond.

The body is different on the Outdoor bud, mine has anthracite plastic mouldings around the wheel arches, meaning the standard Skoda flaps just wont fit as standard. 

When I get more time & feeling a bit braver, I'll get them to fit, but for now (today) I just don't have the time! 

• Like 1

Found something out that I didn't know about yesterday involving the above Q about the MFD etc. 

When I changed all the settings I had my key in the ignition, so now, each time I drive the car the settings are as I like them, But yesterday, I noticed that when my wife uses her key to open / start the car, all the settings are as before,

E.G- When I unlock the car, no "beep" when she does, there is a confirmation "beep",

With my key in the ignition, the MFD shows the audio setting, hers, the Avg Consumption! 

Anyone else noticed this? 

Found something out that I didn't know about yesterday involving the above Q about the MFD etc.

When I changed all the settings I had my key in the ignition, so now, each time I drive the car the settings are as I like them, But yesterday, I noticed that when my wife uses her key to open / start the car, all the settings are as before,

E.G- When I unlock the car, no "beep" when she does, there is a confirmation "beep",

With my key in the ignition, the MFD shows the audio setting, hers, the Avg Consumption!

Anyone else noticed this?

The car knows they are different keys and so can have different settings. You can even have it for different set and mirror positions.

Columbus is a slow starter from cold but fine when 'warm'. I don't find it that bad at response times. I think we've become custom to quad core smart phones with tons of RAM and fast storage.