Aircon not cold

Hi, had my 2010 octy vrs facelift for a few months, tried Aircon last week and no different to normal blower. Aircon light came on fine, no error lights, no errors in VCDS.

Took it for a regas - pulled out 330g ish of refrigerant and filled with the 550ish, did oil and dye etc.

Still no different. No obvious leaks and had Aircon running for a few days now to no avail.

Looking at other threads was thinking compressor but I hear it kick in and using measuring blocks on VCDS compressor is running - around 1000rpm on idle and increases with revs.

Anyone any ideas where to look/check - either physicals or VCDS?! Any ideas much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Didsi

Do the rad fans kick in when the air-con  is on, I had to replace the pump & condenser last year. This is the problem I had......... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/362729-air-con-not-working/?hl=%2Baircon#entry4312386

Cheers, when it stops raining I'll have a look at the compressor!

I have noticed that the centre bolt isn't spinning when ac turned on/off. Suppose it points to that problem but fact that VCDS shows the compressor rpm changing throws me a bit

Awesam, on 28 Apr 2016 - 12:26, said:

Cant you use a ratchet to tighten the bolt?

The problem with a ratchet is that the centre shaft that the bolt screws in to will spin as well.

MATTVRS sorted mine for me with his 3/8" ratchet gun which gives an instant spurt of torque, tightening the bolt before the shaft gets chance to spin...worked for me :thumbup:

• Like 1

Makay55, on 28 Apr 2016 - 16:35, said:

Got the same issue. Mine looks similar to the attached picture. But I cant really get to it...

You need to remove the o/s/f wheel and wheelarch liner...watching MATTVRS do it, it only took 15 mins to do the whole job :clap:

• Like 1

The problem with a ratchet is that the centre shaft that the bolt screws in to will spin as well.

MATTVRS sorted mine for me with his 3/8" ratchet gun which gives an instant spurt of torque, tightening the bolt before the shaft gets chance to spin...worked for me :thumbup:

Ok so I've managed to get some flexi torx extension but as you said the shaft spins with the screw so no joy here... will need someone with a gun as you suggest...thanks for your help.

Thanks for the info guys - it's pretty not stopped raining since I posted so not had a chance to try!. Will borrow my mates windy gun and have a go when weather dries up!! Will post back! Fingers crossed its just that!!

218be1b364f27c3435e2bfdfb5deed86.jpg

Think I have the same issue. Was just about to book it in for a regas too. Just jack it up, take the front right wheel and wheel liner off? Would a drill with bit get access?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick update guys. The bolt wouldn't budge on mine. Also was told that tightening it up could cause more damage resulting in metal particles getting into the whole AC loop. So I took it to Skoda dealership. They replaced the compressor and I only paid 150 under the goodwill offer. ☺

Edited by Makay55
  • Like 1

I tried to look myself, my jack clasped before I got the axle stand in the right place. The axle stand bent the tie rod(?). I've got it back together now with new parts and alignment. Will leave looking at the compressor to someone else later. My wife won't let me touch it again! It's in for a service on Thursday so might ask Skoda then. £150 is good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,

Just an update. Finally got round to taking wheel and lining off. Bolt just kept spinning with but used a flat driver to leverage the clutch bit and it nipped up nicely. Cold air started immediately. 15 minute job

Got a photo but can't add it from phone so when at a PC will post for reference.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Edited by Didsi
  • Like 4