Fault codes P2563, P0402, P0299 and B2AAA with Skoda Superb 2011 Greenline 1.6 tdi

Hello,

I am having a problem with Skoda Superb 2011 Greenline 1.6 tdi, 90k miles. Engine management light is turned on and a coil symbol is flashing in the dash. Car goes into limp mode sometimes and drives fine at other times. I get  P2563, P0402, P0299 and B2AAA. Tried to reset the lights using a bluetooth OBD tool, but they will come on again after a few miles.

I have visually inspected the engine and turbo, there are no leakages or any signs of wear on the pipes and vacuum tubes. I googled the issue and seems like 'Boost Pressure Sensor' is a common problem on these engines, any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks for your help.

Get VCDS or another VAG specific scan tool - it'll give you much more information about those fault codes. Clearing the codes will not fix the problem - they're just telling you that there's a problem with the hardware and it needs looking at. At the very least, you need to look up the specific OBD codes you've found and see what they mean before you go any further. There are tables online that translate the OBD codes into a fault description.

Check out the fault codes here together with symptoms, causes and remedies...

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Fault_Codes

P0299...

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16683/P0299/000665

P0402...

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16786/P0402/001026

P2563...

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/18995/P2563/009571

Edited by silver1011

possible gunk gunge crap along EGR....VGT and turbo avenue

Possible Causes
  • Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve stuck open/leaking/faulty
  • Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System leaking/faulty
  • Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve faulty

Possible Causes
  • Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected or leaking
  • Charger Pressure Control defective
  • Turbocharger faulty
  • Diverter Valve faulty

Possible Causes
  • Wiring and/or Connections from/to Vane Position Sensor (G581) faulty
  • Engine Control Module (ECM) faulty
  • Vane Position Sensor (G581) faulty
    • Binding Issues due to Adjustment/Turbocharger
    • Excessive Carbon build-up
  • Vacuum Leak from/to Turbocharger (Wastegate) Actuator and Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)

If it was my old Mondeo 130PS (which it isnt) id whip off the EGR, clean it/blank it, then whip off the VGT actuator and see if was floppier than a bit of wet string (as it should be), if it sticks at all the VGT vanes are coked up

The Sooty club

2004-ford-f-350-diesel-turbo-vanes-stuck

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I did a reset on the codes and p2563 returned, so I suspected either turbo itself, turbo actuator or solenoid was faulty. Called skoda but they charge £65 for diagnostic, so I borrowed a vacuum pump from a friend and found turbo actuator was holding vacuum fine.

My suspicion was down to solenoid and turbo. I called tps with the part number of solenoid, they had one on shelf for £50 and said they sell a lot of these, it's a common problem. I gambled £50 on the new solenoid and bingo it worked. The part number is VW 1K0906627B, hope this might help someone else with a similar problem.

• Like 1