Travall Dog Guard - any good?

Hi all,

Looking at getting a dog guard for our 2011 Octavia Scout, and I found this one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0040Q4VS2/ref=s9_simh_gw_p263_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=S5PFQHJHRR2TDH5C9HRW&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=867551807&pf_rd_i=desktop

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these guards and if they are worth the money? I like the fact that they are design specifically for this model of car, and don't look like they rely on "legs" and "feet" to attach to the boot floor, so shouldn't impact the boot space.

If these aren't any good, then do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks.

The Skoda OEM dog guard doesn't restrict the boot either and is (or certainly was until recently) cheaper. It's easy to install and can be removed and refitted very easily.

I have the OEM Skoda Dog Guard and it is very good.  I had a few issues fitting one of the bolts in, but apparently SWEARING VERY LOUDLY at it works a treat.  No rattles, and no bits sticking out of the side as in the Travall one.  (They would annoy me when cleaning the side glass!)

The link below quotes 15 minutes to fit.  According to the Skoda Accessory brochure I have (dated 2012), Skoda will supply and fit for approximately £156!

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Dog_Guard_%28Octavia_2_Estate_06%3E13%29_DMM620001

Fin

I would also recommend the Guardsman guards, especially as they also do a boot divider that can go anywhere you like along the boot. I think the Travall one only allows a 50/50 split.

I will soon be selling my Guardsman guard for my Octavia if you're interested?

Thanks guys, I'll look at the OEM one as well, especially as it looks to be cheaper than the Travall one. We don't have the variable boot floor but I assume this doesn't make a difference if we don't have one that relies on feet on the boot floor.

Cheers.

Edited by GroundHog

I've got a OEM dog guard sitting gathering dust in my garage - came out of my 2010 vRS. Still got the car but no longer the large dog unfortunately. If you want to make me any offer but on the condition you pick it up so I can free up some space in my garage then you can have it. Based just outside Cardiff.

Oem one works regardless of the variable floor: I've had fitted it in my estate since new and used the boot with & without the floor with no problem.