Irish Yeti Sherpa Van 150hp 4x4

AntCull

Hi Folks,

Fairly new to this forum but decided to start a Thread on my first Skoda.

Only have it a couple of weeks, Spec is as follows.

Yeti outdoor Sherpa(van), 4x4 150hp, Bi-Xenons, heated screen, Towbar, Heated seats, climatecontrol, smartlink, matterhorn alloys.

I will try post some pics but forgive me if this takes a few attempts.

This is the day it was collected from the Dealer

Edited by john999boy
Bad link removed
  • Like 2

Ok, Sorry about the bad start to this thread, Can't modify my older posts there.

Hopefully photobucket will work now.

This was the Day i collected the van from the garage.

image-d0c609555bb51c0e1075fa958fcfbfa9b8

Thanks for the replies lads, i think the commercial spec is only available in ireland(cheap VRT i suppose)

I work at mechanic/restoration work and needed a van that could pull a car transporter, be big enough to fit two mountain bikes inside for the weekend, be comfortable for long journeys and be fast.

We already have a transit as a workhorse so wanted something a bit smaller but capable of doing the above.

Originally it was between a transit connect and new caddy. Then caddy won as could get 150hp as opposed to 115hp in the connect(and connect was only 1.6 so not much pulling power)

I actually went to buy a new caddy and when i test drove it i was disgusted with it. There still like an ass and cart in my opinion. Was very disappointed and wasn't sure what to buy then.

Then by chance i found the yeti sherpa's, could get 150hp 4x4 with a towing capacity of 2100kg so thats how i ended up driving a skoda :-)

Overall i'm happy with it, even dough its 150hp its not as fast as i would like. Will have to look at remapping it when i get everything broke in.

Pros:

Comfortable

Heated seats are great(never had these on anything before and don't know how i done without them)

Heated Windscreen is great too, would recommend this to anyone buying one(plus by ordering it i got climate control free as there's no place for the button on the standard panel)

Xenons are very good(even though i've upgraded every other bulb on it now to LED's :-)

13 pin electrics on towbar also handy for the future.

Great grip in the wet

Google maps is great when you do get the smartlink connected

Cons:

Not as much punch as i would like when you floor the throttle.

Its very german in the way it drives, wont let me drift at all :-( Does anyone know if i turn off esp does this only make it front wheel drive??

Smartlink is not as good/user friendly as it could be, think this is new technology so may get better in a year or so.

Sound system upgrade is now the money, 450 euros and def could have gotten betted speakers for that money.

Mods:

Led bulb's everywhere(will post pics soon)

LED Lightbar hidden behind grille

12 air compressor for breakdown work

12 to 230v inverter

Dashcam hardwired

• Like 2

Meant to say sound system upgrade is not worth the money in the post above, not "now the money". 

Can't turn it up very loud at all without speakers starting to break down and door cards starting to buzz :-(

I may look into lining the doors with sound deadening to see if this helps but have not had time to look into this yet.

And before anyone gets offended, these are only my opinions/experiences as a new and first time yeti owner  :clap:

Edited by AntCull

Meant to say sound system upgrade is not worth the money in the post above, not "now the money". 

Can't turn it up very loud at all without speakers starting to break down and door cards starting to buzz :-(

I may look into lining the doors with sound deadening to see if this helps but have not had time to look into this yet.

And before anyone gets offended, these are only my opinions/experiences as a new and first time yeti owner  :clap:

I also got the upgraded sound system with 12 speakers. Had the same initial issue until I fiddled around with various sound settings (from memory mainly the bass) a bit. Now it's a lot better.

Also noticed the Aussie flag in your garage :)

• 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi all,

I have just bought a 2016 Yeti Sherpa van, 150bhp, 4x4, DSG.

This has to be the best small van on the Irish roads!

I have driven a few other Van's and nothing comes close.

Does anyone else use one of these as a daily drive?

I'll send some pictures later.

Ken.