Flat Battery - Radio/Sat Nav would not work after new battery installed

Skoda Octavia Scout '11 plate 1.8 tsi

Car simply died whilst wife driving, necessitating call from AA who diagnosed a duff battery, and replaced at roadside

AA man noticed that Radio/Sat Nav failed to start and checked all the ''accessible'' fuses relating to what he thought would be the Radio/Sat Nav but he 

siimply could,t get system to light/boot up

Having got vehice home, decided to investigate on Youtube and found excellent video of how to remove the Columbus Radio/SatNav with use of credit card for gently prising out the surround and a torque screwdriver for removing Columbus radio/sat nav from its mounting  

At back of Columbus having gently clicked out and removed the left hand side cabling matrix (again see youtube video for how to do this) found the 20 amp fuse and replaced with new one (cost £1.99 for two) from local motor high street chain

Thankfully Radio/Sat Nav came to life again having changed the fuse

It really was very easy but just be careful when removing the torque screws as I very nearly had one fall through a gap in the side of the Columbus dashboard mounting 

Hope this helps someone who finds themselves in the same predicament

Thanks for the info but I am surprised on 2 counts:-

1) that simply replacing the battery has caused the fuse to blow. Did the RAC man simply replace the battery or did he try to jump start it without turning off all of the ancillaries that draw power?

and

2) that the fuse in the back of the Radio/Sat Nav is 20amp. That is nominally 240watt at 12volts!

Dear Liger 1956

I wasn,t present at the time the AA man diagnosed the battery problem, but my wife thinks he might have tried to jump start with booster cables from his van

The 'failed' fuse was definitely a 20 amp fuse

Thanks for your post