Window seal problem

Alan555

Before I put my 2015 Yeti in for service I'd like an opinion/advice from other owners abotu the window seals.

Every window seal is so poor that they do not wipe the glass when you wind down a window.  Whether it's condensation on the outside on a damp morning or wet from rain makes no difference, as the windows comes back up with no moisture wiped off ;(

Is this common to the Yeti or have I got rubbish window seal?

Thanks for the replies.  Maybe I'm expecting too much from the Yeti but my previous VW Golf wiped the window sufficiently to give good vision, even clearing the thin layer of condensation on the outside.

It would be nice if the seals wipe the window as it goes up and down, but I think the seal is only there to prevent "stuff" falling inside the door when the window is in it's up normal position.

Also, road dirt caught in the seal can make serious scratches in the glass over time - might even be why the seals don't wipe - Simply Clever :giggle:  

Also, road dirt caught in the seal can make serious scratches in the glass over time - might even be why the seals don't wipe - Simply Clever :giggle:

Maybe, for that reason, it's designed to NOT wipe the window on the way down.

I thought the default answer on Briskoda to this sort of question was Gummi Pflege.

(Or are these not rubber seals?  Can't say I've ever noticed any problem with mine so they could be made out of unicorn hide for all I know.)

Maybe, for that reason, it's designed to NOT wipe the window on the way down.

That's why I say again it's Simply Clever   :dull:

Mine doesn't clear the Windows either, whereas my Audi A1 does. I've had cars do it both ways, I never considered it was a problem, just one of those things. I tend to clear the windows of dew with a squeegee blade before getting in the car anyway.

• Like 1

Neither of my two Yeti's have cleaned the side windows after a few initial frustrating trials I got used to using a rubber wiper before I set off. Previous cars have cleaned but it does seems to be a bit variable.

For years now I've carried one of these in my drivers door pocket. I usually buy a couple at the start of the winter as the old ones wear out or disappear into the cars of other members of the family :happy:

• Like 1

For years now I've carried one of these in my drivers door pocket. I usually buy a couple at the start of the winter as the old ones wear out or disappear into the cars of other members of the family :happy:

Ditto!

They're simply seals - not wipers.  The clue's in the words.  And it's probably not such a good idea for all the water to be 'wiped' into the door frame anyway.  Not, I think, a problem to raise with the dealer - unless, of course, the water's finding its way in, through the seals.

Edited by docc

Being born in monkey town and blessed with long arms I normally press the inside of the glass and open them, thus clearing the water drops condensation etc they then close with no pressure etc , now had 2 yetis for 5+ years  without discernable probs!