Mk3 Fabia vRS....

Basically the same Platform on the All New 2014 Fabia as a S1/ A1, 

and rather handy the tunnel is there in The All New Fabia so that the AWD system can be used as was making the A1 the A1 quattro then the S1.

Which helped with getting the homologation of the Fabia R5 & getting them up and running so fast.

No Road going versions on sale to the general public or produced other than the Full Motorsport versions 

available to purchase.

The Components were on AWD Polo & A1 they built and sold in limited numbers.

Skoda CZ (VW) put lots of money into Rallying and the S2000 & then the R5 (1,600cc) Success, and with the Motorsport Heritage and publicity it is sad there is no Warm or Hot hatch version of a All New Fabia, just 110 PS of Front Wheel drive.

MAYBE Skoda can get to use the 1.5 TSI 3 Cylinder engine / 150ps in the Fabia or better still the Fabia Estate and Skoda can put some decent suspension and brakes on it to have a car with some performance and not just a 'Motorsport' 

name and some Plastic Tat and Decals as the only form of a Sporty version.

post-86161-0-71142300-1462176599_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-01587700-1462176611_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-85262100-1462176632_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-09494700-1462176648_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-16798400-1462176662_thumb.jpg

Edited by GoneOffSKi
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

& never should if Skoda just got to use the 1.8TSI as have gone in the Polo GTI Face Lift and Seat Ibiza Cupra.

VW & SEAT had even poorer sales with the 1.4 TSI Twincharger than Skoda had with the Mk2 vRS & pathetic with the Audi A1 185ps..

Maybe if Skoda were allowed to build a proper Hot Hatch with Suspension, Braking and a Drive Train different to the VW

they might get sales.

Taking a lead from the Fabia R5 which Skoda seem proud of the success of.

Maybe part time AWD using electric motors to the rear wheels.

Taking parts from the VW Parts Bins as is being used in the new models coming out.

The bosses are probably right that they will not make sense as the selling price might not give enough profit, 

and there will not be enough buyers, 

but thats never held back VW, Seat or Audi when introducing and selling models that flop and get spun as being a sales success.

Received a interesting tibit tonight from a friend of mine who works with dealers. The dealers he works with have seen higher demand for the Monte Carlo than they expected, so much so the future value of the cars have dropped as there will be more on the 2nd hand market. Just goes to show Skoda (& Volkswagen) are really missing a trick not selling a VRS!

Well maybe not really.

Skoda UK only sold or first registered 2,900 vRS in 5 years. 

(quite a high percentage of those in Scotland.)

There were less than 7,000 MK2 Monte Carlo first registered in 5 years.

http://topgear.com/car-news/hot-hatch/skoda-will-kill-fabia-vrs

More vRS sold after they quoted him on the demise.

& not sure what they did with the 20,000 Monte Carlo he says they produced and which countries they were sold in.

But then he is punted, gone and hopefully will be prosecuted if he conspired in the Defeat Device Scandal, 

or even just turned a blind eye.

Not sure what they consider as 'higher demand than they expected' with the Mk3 since the last CEO Big Upped the car with Sporty Looks and wheels and body kit and affordable to run.

So thats what they offered, surely they were expecting to sell them in decent numbers.

Still waiting to see how many Mk3 Fabia are selling.

In 2013 Skoda UK First Registered (sold) 66,000 cars & 32,000 were Mk2 Fabia. ie their best sellers.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

Well maybe not really.

Skoda UK only sold or first registered 2,900 vRS in 5 years.

(quite a high percentage of those in Scotland.)

There were less than 7,000 MK2 Monte Carlo first registered in 5 years.

http://topgear.com/car-news/hot-hatch/skoda-will-kill-fabia-vrs

More vRS sold after they quoted him on the demise.

& not sure what they did with the 20,000 Monte Carlo he says they produced and which countries they were sold in.

But then he is punted, gone and hopefully will be prosecuted if he conspired in the Defeat Device Scandal,

or even just turned a blind eye.

Not sure what they consider as 'higher demand than they expected' with the Mk3 since the last CEO Big Upped the car with Sporty Looks and wheels and body kit and affordable to run.

So thats what they offered, surely they were expecting to sell them in decent numbers.

Still waiting to see how many Mk3 Fabia are selling.

In 2013 Skoda UK First Registered (sold) 66,000 cars & 32,000 were Mk2 Fabia. ie their best sellers.

Well like I said, it was passed on information from dealers too me. I could just be our area or it could just be those dealers, by no way is it official numbers. But yes, I am in Scotland, so maybe that is the reason. I am (annoyingly) seeing more of them on the road since I got mine. I suppose it's good cause it means it will be well tested. Just hope not many people tick the 'green' box! ;)

• Like 1

You know when salespeople might be lying, their lips move.

So if you know the person well, fair enough.

But in all my years involved in the car trade i know that no salesperson ever lets on that something is not selling well, 

especially not customers or people that might speak to potential customers.

My area covers most of Scotland, and i am in many Skoda Dealerships and also Arnold Clark Dealerships on a weekly basis.

Edited by GoneOffSKi
  • Like 1

You know when salespeople might be lying, their lips move.

So if you know the person well, fair enough.

But in all my years involved in the car trade i know that no salesperson ever lets on that something is not selling well, 

especially not customers or people that might speak to potential customers.

My area covers most of Scotland, and i am in many Skoda Dealerships and also Arnold Clark Dealerships on a weekly basis.

Haha, well my information is from a lad who deals with dealerships. He enjoys getting deals for people. He doesn't charge for it, just feels he can help people not get ripped off!

Since getting me my Monte Carlo, he's gotten another two. Fabia's in general he's managing to shift like hot cakes. I'll need to ask him again how many he has done but it's a ridiculous number.

May I ask, what is it you do yourself, that takes you too so many?

• Like 1

I can't believe they're going to give the Superb the vRS treatment but not their most popular friggen' seller.

“People ask us ‘please build a Fabia vRS, it’ll be great!’ But we say back: ‘Will you buy it?’" :finger:

stock-illustration-86682245-megaphone-wi

Funny how Audi, VW and SEAT don't give a crap about having to ask that question, grow a god-damn backbone Skoda.

Edited by Skyl1n3

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry for the double-post (and slight resurrection).

Just had a little exchange of comments with Motorline Skoda and... well my anticipation for a new vRS has been rekindled slightly :D

image.jpg

• Like 3