2010 SII 1.8 TSI 7-DSG - Black brownie

zdenko017

Hello there !

I would like to share my experience with buying/running my first car, Skoda Superb II 1.8 TSI 7-DSG.

I was thinking of buying my own car for quite some time, circa 2 years. Mainly was I a dreamer. My car of choice was BMW e60, but

over two year not a single one was good enough for me, or for my kind of budget I could get only ones with really high mileage. I really liked the big interior space, robust drive and elegance. However I started to look after something else, because I realized that maybe I am too picky and I should maybe go for brand new car or slightly used.

2 weeks before the Xmax I saw a deal on official VW reseller site. Superb II , 2010 Plate, 43000 miles, petrol, automatic trany, beige leather.

The description of equipment was not so generous on the site, but it looked interesting. However it was 300 miles way.

On 29th of December I went to buy Mazda3 Skyactive, however when the guy told me that it would arrive only in March, the deal was off.

Having nothing to do on that day, I told myself: "Whatever, lets check out the Superb".

I gave a call to the dealership to make sure the car is still there and fully charged and went on the trip. I was never driving an SII, so my first impression in the interior was simply said "WoW". I liked the car on the first glimpse. After I gave it a test drive and checked the service history I decided to went for it. So 300 miles back to get on the same day. And on the next one 300 there and 300 back.

So lets have some figures :)

Two days, two crazy guys. 1200 miles, 1 new car, 10 000 bills out of my pocket.

So here are the specs:

SII Elegance, 2010 Plate, 43000 miles on the clock.

1.8 TSI 118kw CDAA, 7-DSG dry type (250nm torque limitation)

Spec: Driver memory seat, heated/auto dimming side mirrors (+ rear mirror), bi-xenon lights with cornering function, navigation system, audiosystem, roof window with solar panel, parking assist, parking sensors, light/rain sensor, heated seats front/back, two zone climate

Specs missing : Keyless system, ventilated seats, video, heated front window  .. you tell me :)

Things I have done with my car:

- New Battery 

- Oil service

- Filters (except DSG, was done recently before purchase)

- Spark plugs

Things I am planning to do:

- some minor trims to give it a better "sporty" look .. I was thinking about some OEM boot spoiler, front bumper lip etc....

- change Halogen lights to LED ... not rushing anything

- exterior detailing (wax, sealant)

And now some pictures: (More will come later after I can shoot some)

post-141345-0-16934000-1462208834_thumb.jpg

post-141345-0-87467400-1462208834_thumb.jpg