Whispbar! What ya reckon?

Ebbingeii

after a good set of roof bars for our new Yeti. Anyone have/used Whispbars? They seem as good as Thule and they are on a great deal on Amazon at the mo too!

i've had em for 5 years, fitted to 2 yetis, now permanently fitted, little noise and little effect on economy, i would thoroughly recommend 'emm!!

I have a set and on both cars they've been on you just need to be aware that the clearance from the roof is very small and strap buckles or bungee hooks can easily scratch the roof as you're passing them through. Otherwise they're brilliant. Solid, discreet and no noise.

I have genuine Whispbars I bought 2nd hand for £60.

Those you have ordered look identical to mine and the part number 'S45' is the Whispbar number for the Yeti.

I keep my bars on permanently

Yeah the part No is the same as Yeti Whispbars and do look identical. Will see what actually turns up, hopefully by Friday.

Did they turn out to be the pukka ones?

I may go for a set if they are the genuine ones especially as I have an Amazon gift voucher.

Cheers,

Andrew

Well they turned up today! And they look identical to Whispbars. The only difference that I can see is that they're not branded. No product name on the bars. So I'm happy! If you wanna save around £50+ and aren't fussed about branding, I'd go for um

Well they turned up today! And they look identical to Whispbars. The only difference that I can see is that they're not branded. No product name on the bars. So I'm happy! If you wanna save around £50+ and aren't fussed about branding, I'd go for um

Thanks - now let's see if I can find my voucher :)

Cheers,

Andrew

Ordered mine a couple of days ago and arrived today.  Gave them a polish for some protection and then fitted them, no problems fitting.  They seems very sturdy, well finished and a good design.  I've been out for a test drive and they are very quite,   In fact I don't think I can really detect them over the road/tyre noise.  Very impressed and a good buy at £98 delivered.  Thanks for the heads up on these.

Whispbar don't get the best review in this week's Auto Express test (but not a bad review). The cheap Farhd bars I have come out better. The quality probably isn't as good and if they were a permanent fixture I would go elsewhere, but for the £65 they cost, the way to go for occasional use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's interesting I've not read the review so can you give a heads up on why they don't get a good review? Just cost v performance maybe? Got to say the ones I got via Amazon seem to be very well made with excellent materials. The fit is so good I'd consider leaving then on all the time.

They get 3 stars (Farad get 4 along with a few others). Main criticism was fiddly initial assembly and relatively low maximum load for the high price.

Thule Wingbars came out on top with 5 stars. They didn't test any model specific bars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Falmouthboy