Black marks on alloys

Ebbingeii

We've had our brand new Yeti for Two weeks now & I've had to wash her three times already!! Which I enjoy, but the main reason for washing is the alloy wheels are getting covered in black oily type stains! They wash up as new but what do you reckon can be causing this, please? Is it just new car wear in? First new car owner, very exciting

Disc brake dust happens all the time. Early days so the disc etc. are bedding in so pretty bad to start with but will always be there. Plenty of products to make cleaning easier.

I'm not a great buyer of fancy sprays but the alloy wheel cleaner spray was on offer

it cleaned off the brake dust with no problem. (it was on offer)

Could be tar. The bottom half of my car, boot and rear wheels are peppered with tar at the moment, need a good day at it to get it all off and get the DA out.

The dealer will have put some tyre shine on the outside of the tyres.  As you are driving, this comes off and settles on the alloys.  Brake dust then sticks to it.  It does feel greasy.  The tyre shine will wear off over time and the outside of the tyres will go a dull finish.  Nothing to worry about but just keep cleaning it off the alloys otherwise it looks a mess.