Fabia / Roomster can bus upgrade

Has anyone fitted one of these units to a Roomster/Fabia 2 to assist with OEM satnav installation?

I'm interested in fitting one - but I don't have a Scooby Doo how to fit it or where!  The Kufatec site sells them, but there's no fitting instructions

https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/can-bus-module/skoda

• 1 year later...

Yes, I've fitted one.

Normally you'd plug the headunit straight into the car wiring. But here you need to fit the adapter in-between the car and headunit, so it can do the translation between CANBUS 1.6 to CANBUS 2.0 in both directions.

Details here: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/434201-fitting-a-canbus-20-headunit-in-a-pre-facelift-roomsterfabia-canbus-16/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gingerbeardman. Please. You're my only hope. 

I've bought a RNS310 from Gumtree and realised it doesn't simply plug and play with my 2009 Fabia 105.

I have read your guide but I am still having trouble. Could you please show more detail on the wiring part as I'm no electrician but I'm fairly competent at following instructions. 

If you could please explain it to me as if you were speaking to an idiot... I would be forever grateful. 

The radio doesn't turn on or off with the ignition which inherently won't let me use the phone feature as you have to have the ignition on but it doesn't recognise the ignition. 

Everyone I'm asking have no idea but you seem like you do! 

Kind regards,

Joel