Yeti Rear Calliper Carrier Removal

DavidMark

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a method to remove the rear brake calliper Carrier.

It is fastened in by two splined bolts.

The problem is there isnt enough room to put a wrench on the bolt heads and turn the wrench, a considerable amount of force needs to be put on the wrench in a very confined area.

The vehicle is the 4x4 and everything is cramped in that area.

On my Octavia (same setup) I used a long strap (20') attached to the handle of the ratchet to get enough leverage to loosen the bolts.

Or use an impact gun.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Tried to use long bar but everything is in the way, shocker, coil spring, rear drive shafts.

Tried socket extension bar on the splined tool but could not even get the tool on the same axis as the bolt, everything is in the way.

Thinking of getting an impact gun, but not sure if it would fit into that area.

I managed it on mine, eventually. First time I came to the job I gave up though.

Tried various combinations of splined tool (I think I ended up buying a second one that was a different length), 1/2" extension bar, 1/2" UJ, and 1/2" ratchet.

Can't remember exactly how I ended up doing it, although vague recollections of having to lift the car fairly high so I could get the ratchet up from underneath ?

x 2 for the cordless (haven't tried on the Yeti)

On a Touareg the rear caliper is tricky as well the cordless impact driver works a treat

As long as the head of the bolt / nut is fully in the socket just pull the trigger and it will spin off in no time