Speed limit 180km/h (112mph)

When I try to go maximum speed, my car hit 180km/h and stop accelerating, speed limiter was turn off and tempomat was turn off, The car was driven about 2000 km, before i try. I try that several times again, and never happend again I check to set tempomat above 200km/h and its work, also with speed limiter, what ever speed I set, when I press full throtle it goes. Does somebody face with this issue? I have 2.0 150hp

Edited by CrazyDriver0506

What country are you in ? Wonder what country code is set on the car ?

The Japanese market used to and maybe still limit the cars to 112mph.

I think (from another post on a different thread) that the OP is based in Servia. Hope that was on a private road or autobahn [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happened to me a week ago. I was driving in Germany and wanted do check max speed and I couldn't get more than 180 km/h.

Before and after than I had no problems to accelerate to 205-210 km/h.

Skoda's are only allowed to do 180km/h in Germany, to stop the BMWs and Mercs and Audi's looking slow...lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

According to the thread here it's because of the DPF regen :(

http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/skoda-superb-mit-grossem-acc-bei-180-km-h-abgeriegelt-t5620778.html

Looks like this 150 TDI without SCR is coming with some compromises. I'm waiting for mine (also 150 TDI) to arrive (this month) and since I drive a lot through the Germany I just hope this will not happen too frequently. When buying it I was not aware that the TDI without SCR is using much more aggressive EGR and thus creating more soot and more DPF regen as a result (at least that's how I understand it now). If I would be ordering again I would go with 190 SCR definitely, looks like less compromised and more future proof engine solution.

• Thanks 1

I collected my 150bhp TDI on Tuesday and on my first real journey I took it into Germany. UK ACC tops out at 160kph (German models get option of 210kph limit), but I had no problems taking mine all the way to 205kph on aan empty stretch of Autobahn.

Was your engine cold when you tried? Normally VAG cold engine policy is to limit engine revs. Try reving the engine 30 secs after starting it from cold. The ECU will limit the revs to 3000rpm to protect the engine. I don't think it limits it if you start driving but as I don't rag mine when cold I can't comment.

I have drove 205-210 km/h several times so I am pretty sure Superb has no limit on 180km/h all the time. I have experienced this problem only once, so DPF regen explanation seems most logical to me.

And no, engine was not cold when it happened as I drove at least 30 minutes on Autobahn before I wanted to check max speed.

• Like 1

Ah ok. Well I have been caught out by a stiff headwind before which knocked 15mph off my Golf's top speed years ago. Maybe you had a similar experience as it is more noticable with a less powerful engine!

DPF Regen does sound plausible so maybe try once more now that that should have completed and see if you are still limited.

Edited by blahde2

I already have tried few days ago and was able to drive at 210 km/h without problems. I even had impression that it had more power but I didn't want to run faster as I was already well above speed limit (130 km/h).

• 1 year later...

Heloo, I have a problem with my Skoda Superb 2015 y. The problem is when I start to drive and hit the speed 180km/h, my car is stop accelerating. People from Skoda service in Belgrade don’t have enought expirience to fix that problem. They try to chech everething several times, and I still have a same problem.  The funiest think what they try is to change the tires because I have on my car 225/45/17 dimension. Does someone have a same problem?

A guess: you may have the speed limiter set. The manual states: The Speed Limiter limits the maximum driving speed to the set speed limit.
The speed limit can only be exceeded by depressing the accelerator pedal fully. (Page 231 in my manual pdf.)

You should be able to see if a limit has been set on the Maxi Dot display.

37 minutes ago, freelunch said:

A guess: you may have the speed limiter set. The manual states: The Speed Limiter limits the maximum driving speed to the set speed limit.
The speed limit can only be exceeded by depressing the accelerator pedal fully. (Page 231 in my manual pdf.)

You should be able to see if a limit has been set on the Maxi Dot display.

Where can ai find your manual?

A quick search of Ross-Tech sites indicates that VW T5 vans and TDI  engines (don't know which cars) have speed limiter settings that can be accessed with VCDS.  They are used to restrict maximum speeds where required by law.  There are statements that the speed settings can ONLY BE REDUCED and not increased or returned to a higher original values

Examples: http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?2353-Static-maximum-speed-limit

http://www.ecuedit.com/speed-limit-customer-vw-t1150

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=245864

Edited by peter_k

32 minutes ago, Nikola said:

You didn’t understand me

Sorry about that. For some reason the entire thread did not show up when I saw your post, so my post was irrelevant. Beg pardon...

So, no point buying the 280ps 4x4, then.

14 hours ago, Nikola said:

Heloo, I have a problem with my Skoda Superb 2015 y. The problem is when I start to drive and hit the speed 180km/h, my car is stop accelerating. People from Skoda service in Belgrade don’t have enought expirience to fix that problem. They try to chech everething several times, and I still have a same problem.  The funiest think what they try is to change the tires because I have on my car 225/45/17 dimension. Does someone have a same problem?

The Skoda dealer is correct. You have a non standard and non approved tyre size. Its rolling circumference is 5.4% larger than the correct size. Therefore your speedometer will be under reporting speed by 5.4%. Your indicated 180kph is actually 190 kph. Because your gearing is messed up, you are are hitting the tightly controlled torque limit at lower rpm and unable to develop full power. (Torque x rpm)

You did not state which engine you have, a dirty air filter will restrict top end power but I expect you already checked that.

Edited by xman

25 minutes ago, xman said:

The Skoda dealer is correct. You have a non standard and non approved tyre size. Its rolling circumference is 5.4% larger than the correct size. Therefore your speedometer will be under reporting speed by 5.4%. Your indicated 180kph is actually 190 kph. Because your gearing is messed up, you are are hitting the tightly controlled torque limit at lower rpm and unable to develop full power. (Torque x rpm)

You did not state which engine you have, a dirty air filter will restrict top end power but I expect you already checked that.

I have Skoda superb 2.0 tdi (110). Also, people from Skoda service try to put right dimension 225/65/18 and thay have same result, my car can’t go more then 180km/h.

225 65 18 is an even worse match to the standard tyre, its 12.3% too big circumference wise!! (I'm surprised it even fits). Consult the brochure and your manual for the correct tyre sizes for your variant.

We do not get a 110ps variant in the UK, the 1.6tdi is the smallest at 120ps.

With 110ps (and low torque) I imagine 200kph is the max you can expect (with the right tyres) you already are pulling 190kph (with speedo error)