Skoda fabia monte carlo drl's

Right i need help and advoce ppl i bougjt a monte carlo 63 plate and was shocked today to find were the switch is to turn them on there is no switch just a hole :( i thought all monte carlo's have them?? I cant get my head around this cause my brothers fabia elegance 2011 plate has them?? Whats that about??

I want them so bad do you reckon skoda will fit them under warrenty? Or any other thing i can through at them to fit them?? Like law legislation??

If not any one on here that can advise me how to fit them please? Any one else fitted any???

You might have no switch to turn them off, but does the car have DRLs, and someone has disabled them.

ie The DRL's are on the car, & someone Stopped them coming on with the ignition, and off with the Sidelights / headlights on?

Not required by law,

the Mk2 Fabia was type approved before February 2011.

Even the 2015 All New Fabia does not need them Manufacturer fitted as standard.

Skoda did away with the switch for the DRLs next to the fuses in the vRS as well.

Someone with a Monte Carlo will be along.

Check your bulbs that are the DRL's.  But first you need to know what the car has in the way of DRL's,  Fogs. Sidelights.

Pretty sure they all come with fog and drl in the same lamp on all montes maybe a retrofit of the switch would be needed?

Second thoughts Isnt there just a fuse thats not fitted on some ill find out which one if i can, I remember being told to fit a fuse in a certain hole but found a switch on mine when i bought it?

Edited by jimdiesel

They should be on, so maybe the previous owner had them turned off. Best bet would be to go back to where you bought it and just ask them to turn them back on or fix them if they are faulty.

I bought the car at auction :S but it is still in warrenty but im unsure what u mean about the fogs and sidelights (goneoffski)

I have the switch on the sode by the key part to turn the lights on dip or full beam and pull it out for the fromt and rear fogs

I read on another forum post on here its fuse 35 but in my manhal thats for the power of the vehicle so i dont want to mess with that one lol

Well what i am asking is do you actually have a Pair of Front Sidelights, and Headlights,

& Front Foglights, 

& DRL's (Daytime Running / Daylight Running Lights) but they are 'Disabled' Bulbs out etc.

(since your car has no On / OFF switch so to get the DRL's off they needed disabled, 

bulbs out, fuses out or wires disconnected.)

ie the car has what it came with from the factory,

it is just the DRL's are not coming on with the ignition, needs fixed / enabled.

It is not a Warranty Issue if the previous keeper wanted the DRL's disabled.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

The monte has DRLs, no questions, no argument.

One of two things has happened (as stated above already) the last owner has had them coded via VCDS to be off permanently or the fuse for the lights have been removed/blown. Try fuse 17, top right mini blade fuse.

The switch has been removed by škoda some time ago now. If they have been coded to be off then it's nothing to do with warranty, you would have to find someone willing to reactivate them for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fuse 17 is fine not blown i checked this yesterday i live in the birmingham area B68 ive put new bulbs in lol they cost me £20 and went to go turn the switch on and nothing :( but im wondering if this is the reason why, i had to chamge the car battery cause it was dead as a dodo but im sure before on the one occasion i turned it on with a booster they were on, now there not :S

Have a look where you'd expect to find your fogs.

If there is 4 LEDS in a square type figuration, you have them.

They'll need turning back on via VCDS/carrista/dealer.

Aorry to be dumb but wats a vcds & carrista?

It's diagnostic software. Carista is available on your mobile and you will need to buy a obd2 wifi plug for iPhone or a Bluetooth plug for android. The plug goes to the right of where your DRL button should've been.

You can then do simple modifications to your car very easily yourself.

Do a search in your App Store and get a plug off eBay. Will cost altogether around £22.

Alternatively you can ask if somebody who lives near you has VCDS.

There is a list of people in a thread with their location who may pop round and spend the 3 minutes it'll take to turn them on for a few quid.

i have a diagnostic machine and fault code reader at work that also clears fault i see the lads put the bluetooth dongo thing in the fuse box bit is that all i need along with the mobile app?

i have a diagnostic machine and fault code reader at work that also clears fault i see the lads put the bluetooth dongo thing in the fuse box bit is that all i need along with the mobile app?

Yep :), download the carista app for your phone and have a look around on it. The free version is restricted but I'm sure you can toggle the DRL's on that version.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar issue. My 63 reg Monte came with DRLs on by default, but recently an MTEC aftermarket bulb failed so I replaced the bulbs with the original working pair. They worked for a while until one kept randomly failing and working, but now both bulbs don't work! The bulbs are fine and fuse 17 hasn't blown, no obvious issues with wiring either, so what could it be?

• 3 weeks later...

Did they say what they did?

I expect they either replaced fuse #35 or recoded the car.

It should also be noted that there is a procedure detailed in the manual to turn the DRL's on and off using the indicator stalk.

4576397_skoda-fabia-monte-carlo-tech-lim

Edited by silver1011

DRL's Have been a legal requirement on all new ( after this date ) veicles  since Feb 2011 . Introduced in 2008 by the EU  ( Canada & Sweden have had them for about 20 yrs ) & no you are not allowed to turn them off even if you could .  ( I could turn them off & on , on my Pug 308 SE ,as it was a 2008 model ) so the law does not apply !!

Legally required to be fitted as standard to cars 'type approved' after Feb 2011.

Which is a different thing, as that does not include the Mk2 Fabia or even the All New 3rd generation Fabia 2015 which did not 

undergo Type Approval but is just as the MK2 was.

No need to have DRL's on in the UK during Daytime or Daylight even if you did buy a new car after Feb 2011.

Edited by GoneOffSKi
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

^^^ No not meant to work all the time.  

Clue is in the DRL bit, ie Daytime Running Lights or is that really Daylight Running Lights.

At lighting up time / poor visibility / bad weather that will be Sidelight and Headlight & tail light on time not DRL time.