East Midlands Meet - Wednesday 18 May 2016 - Junc 28 M1

Brimma

Venue: The Snipe at Sutton, Alfreton Road, Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire NG17 1JE (just off the A38 off M1 J28 heading towards Mansfield) - See here for map and a menu...... http://www.hungryhorse.co.uk/locations/snipe and we get 10% discount, so don't forget to ask

For those using sat nav - if you put in 295 Alfreton Road, you'll be about 150 yds away from the pub

Date: Wednesday 18th May 2016

Time: 7:30pm

Apologies for late notice, must try harder next month

Feel free to copy and paste if attending:-

Brimma - JPS Octavia or Mk2 diesel Fabia 'vRS'

Figured out why I miss so many... this has come round quick... so it's monthly. Right!

That's got to be one of the lamest excuses I've ever heard :)

That's got to be one of the lamest excuses I've ever heard :)

Ssssshhhhh.... He's the boss so he can give any excuse he likes. :D

• Like 1

• Administrators

:D I could do better I'm sure of it :)

But really a monthly meet is great as I don't tend to care what day or hour it is... I'm not a clock watcher. So a monthly ding; this is due, is kind of like a mini mid life crisis every month... omg I got nothing done, best try harder :D

• Like 1

well iv'e been a member of this forum for almost 12 months now and iv'e had a lot of very useful info about the skoda ,So i thought i should meet some of the people that help ,so i pluck up courage to go and meet some of them at the meet at the snipe to night met one member in car park went in stood at bar offered to bye him a drink told no i get my own so i bought my self an orange about to strike up a conversation when another member came spoke to him then they went .As you can see the meet started at 19.30 i'm at home typing this its 20.15 and the meet for me is 20 miles away ? i think in future i will just read about the good times you have at thees meets at least on the computer it's got manners regards oldtimer,    ps hope they have a goodnight so i can read all about it .

Did you say you were there for the meet from the forum?

If you did then shame on them for making you feel unwelcome  :thumbdown:

I hope in any future meets you decide to go to, someone takes you under their wing and makes you feel more welcome.  :)

I didn't arrive until just after 8 but I can only apologise for the bad experience that you encountered. There was already quite a few people there, Colin included, as well as other 'newbies' and we certainly don't want newcomers to feel left out. I'm sure the two new guys from Sheffield will echo what sort of welcome was received.

Come again next month and see how much more different it is!

• Like 1

• Administrators

well iv'e been a member of this forum for almost 12 months now and iv'e had a lot of very useful info about the skoda ,So i thought i should meet some of the people that help ,so i pluck up courage to go and meet some of them at the meet at the snipe to night met one member in car park went in stood at bar offered to bye him a drink told no i get my own so i bought my self an orange about to strike up a conversation when another member came spoke to him then they went .As you can see the meet started at 19.30 i'm at home typing this its 20.15 and the meet for me is 20 miles away ? i think in future i will just read about the good times you have at thees meets at least on the computer it's got manners regards oldtimer,    ps hope they have a goodnight so i can read all about it .

Hi,

That was Dave and I :'( . It was Dave you met in the car park and were talking to at the bar when I turned up; I saw you parking up and walking in.  I was about to say "Hi" over the bar noise as you'd both got a drink by then.

That's when the barman struck who's next? So I responded & grabbed a beer and set about opening a tab; thats why I wandered off to the end of the bar :( Sorry.

I came back to the bar to look for you as we both realised you weren't with either of us as we left the bar and sat down. Dave also went out to the car park thinking you may of been waiting out there for others.

I know it's daunting as a new member to find people in a crowded bar. I'm sorry we lost you so soon... It certainly wasn't intentional. All I can offer is my apologies for missing you in the first bar sweep and if you do pluck up the courage again, I'll get you a drink ;)

Colin.

/edit I've also pm'd 

Edited by ColinD

To all thanks for your concern don't blame the people who was there I'm as much to blame as I don't drink alcohol that is and I don't visit pubs and clubs now after a bad time serving in Northern Ireland , being shot twice I think the second time was the misses ?You feel well lost and vulnerable.You would think after all this time you would relax but you don't.My apologies to all regards oldtimer

It might be a good idea to have a little 'plan' of where we normally sit as it would make it easier for newcomers to find us. Also, if people show their intention to come, we can keep a lookout for anyone wandering around. ;-)

Anyway,looking forward to seeing you next month oldtimer.

• Like 1

That was a bit poor of them :(

That's a shame. I thought the Snipe was a friendly meet?

Did you say you were there for the meet from the forum?

If you did then shame on them for making you feel unwelcome  :thumbdown:

I hope in any future meets you decide to go to, someone takes you under their wing and makes you feel more welcome.  :)

Hi oldtimer, Sorry you thought you had been abandoned. It was myself you were taking to outside and walking in to the pub. We were talking about your Columbus before we got served at the bar. Please don't take offence at me not wanting a drink I always buy my own on these meets as I usually get a drink included with my meal etc.....

I can only assume you didn't hear what I was saying over the noise around the bar but just before we walked away down to the seating area I said "in the summer we usually meet up outside but what with the weather tonight we've just come straight in. Shall we have a walk down to the seats" at which point I turned around thinking you and Colin were following me only to find it was only Colin there.

We thought you had gotten a phone call or gone to the loo etc.... And had a quick look around for you in the pub. It was only when Martin arrived he said he had seen someone in a Superb up in the car park and I went outside to find you again but you had gone. :(

Hopefully we'll see you at the June meet on the 15th. :)

p.s. I'm also a non local for these meets as I travel around 30 miles each way to the meet. :)

• Like 1