New car!

TheInsanity1234

My wife loves her Red Citigo too (it looks identical to yours). Hers is a DSG and she's now mastered it very well.

Happy driving! :sun:

I decided to upload some photographs of the damage to see what you all think I should do.

This is the worst of it, 4 little chips that go right down to the plastic, and a scuff to the left and some scrapes to the right.

26941412276_726065d6d9_c.jpg

This is a smallish scuff further down. (It's right on the crease between the wheel arch and the rest of the bumper)

26974863965_31e11219f4_c.jpg

Do you reckon a touch up pen and a bit of polish will do, or will I have to get someone out to do a proper repair?

Thankfully, there's no damage to the paint work on any metal bits, so I don't need to worry about rust protection.

Edited by TheInsanity1234

Personally I would go for a professional job with a mobile repair company like ChipsAway or AutoRestore. Get some quotes for free.

At the end of the day it depends how fussy you are. I am too fussy at times.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys just got a new SEL (tornado red too!) managed to put 105 miles on the clock since yesterday.

Few points i would be grateful for feedback on:-

1. Bit of a throaty engine noise below 2000 revs. This usual?

2, I can hear a definite "click" when changing gear. This OK too?

3. PID  bit temperamental - doesn't charge. doesn't display engine temp properly.

4. DRL was a bit of a surprise!

Cheers

Sam

Really surprised at the amount of damage from a bush?

I would leave it for now if it's the lower bumper as it is plastic so will not get any worse and do it in 6 months time after you get used to no parking sensors :)

Just get out and enjoy it for now.

1: Throaty engine noise is pretty normal for me I guess, but I'm very rarely below 2000 rpm anyway ;)

2: Is the click happening when you move the gear stick around, or is it happening when you push the clutch pedal in?

3: I've been having issues with my PID, it functions well enough but it occasionally won't recognise the SD card in there.

4: What do you mean the DRLs were a surprise? They have to be fitted to all new cars!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Really surprised at the amount of damage from a bush?

I would leave it for now if it's the lower bumper as it is plastic so will not get any worse and do it in 6 months time after you get used to no parking sensors :)

Just get out and enjoy it for now.

I think there may have been a post hidden in the bush or something very hard.

I've got a can of paint and I've resprayed the affected area after putting some filler in, and it's less noticeable than the damage was. I still have to sort out polishing it properly though.

The roof now has a couple of scratches and scuffs because some bird pooped on the car and I tried to clean off the poo and there must've been grit in the poo which has scratched the paint! Grrrrr.

Oh yeah, I've now got 515 miles or so on it. And I've loved every single one.

Thanks for the response.

The click sound happens when I release the clutch having changed gear. Not particularly loud but noticeable.

As for DRLs I guess I must be behind the times. I spent a frantic few hours wondering why my lights wouldn't turn off before I realized it was a safety feature!

Thanks for the response.

The click sound happens when I release the clutch having changed gear. Not particularly loud but noticeable.

As for DRLs I guess I must be behind the times. I spent a frantic few hours wondering why my lights wouldn't turn off before I realized it was a safety feature!

Ah, yes. There's been a lot of complaints about the 'clutch click'. People have found that the best solution is to replace the pedal box. I can't say I've noticed a click in mine, but I'm profoundly deaf and thus, noises like that are impossible for me to detect, especially when there are the normal road noises drowning it out.

The impression I've got is that it's not a hazard or a source of potential failure further down the line, so it's nothing to worry about mechanically, it's an ordinary transmission noise, and it's only noticeable in the Citigo because it's got very little soundproofing.. The main reason people have complained is simply because they don't like hearing a clicking noise whilst changing gear. If you search for "Clutch click" in the Citigo forum, you'll find a few different people with the same issues!

Edited by TheInsanity1234

The click is so noticeable YOU can actually feel it in your foot or at least that was what swmbo's was like until it was replaced under warranty :)

Good luck.

I presume there's nothing wrong with my car then, as I'm not noticing any weird clicking through my feet or anything.