New FL Yeti , Observations and questions.....

Agerbundsen

These statements make no sense whatsoever.

5. So are you saying when you cover 100 miles the maxidot says you've only done 90 miles? Or does it say you have done 110 miles? And what are you using to record the mileage - GPS logging?

9. As above - why would mileage on the motorway be "better"? 100 miles on the motorway is the same as 100 miles on any other road - it's still 100 miles.

I think he means the fuel consumption mileage.

• Like 1

I agree, as others have said, it's meant as mpg. I have, in the past, said " I'm getting better mileage " and people know that means mpg.

In low light conditions, the numerals on the instruments on my pre-facelift Yeti would dim or disappear completely, leaving just the needles visible as a warning that the driver should put lights on. My F/L Yeti doesn't seem to do this... is this common to all F/L cars?

(I would of course have switched my lights on anyway if on the road - or had 'em on Auto - but in a local undercover car park this "feature" was noticeable.)

I thought this was sensible as there are too many cars out there that have the instruments illuminated all the time and as a result inattentive motorists can often be seen driving around unaware they've not put their light on at night.

In low light conditions, the numerals on the instruments on my pre-facelift Yeti would dim or disappear completely, leaving just the needles visible as a warning that the driver should put lights on. My F/L Yeti doesn't seem to do this... is this common to all F/L cars?

My F/L SE doesn't do that... at least I've never seen it.

My F/L SE doesn't do that... at least I've never seen it.

I didn't know that either until I went to the car at night and with the lights in the off position started it after I had read it on here some time ago.

It looks very strange but whether those that drive around without lights would notice it is another thing, another Simply Clever for Skoda :thumbup:

I didn't know that either until I went to the car at night and with the lights in the off position started it after I had read it on here some time ago.

It looks very strange but whether those that drive around without lights would notice it is another thing, another Simply Clever for Skoda :thumbup:

But does your new Yeti dim the numerals like your old one did if you don't put your lights on after dark? I suspect you might find it doesn't!

But does your new Yeti dim the numerals like your old one did if you don't put your lights on after dark? I suspect you might find it doesn't!

I don't understand, I have only ever had a F/L Yeti!

That is exactly what I was saying, the numeral lights don't just dim they are off altogether, only the speedo and tachometer pointers are lit if the light switch is off after dark.

(I would of course have switched my lights on anyway if on the road - or had 'em on Auto - but in a local undercover car park this "feature" was noticeable.)

I thought this was sensible as there are too many cars out there that have the instruments illuminated all the time and as a result inattentive motorists can often be seen driving around unaware they've not put their light on at night.

On our F/L Yeti, the numerals do dim or disappear if the lights are off but the car senses it is in dark conditions, just like our previous Yeti Classic.  Both have auto-lights.

This is before I even start the engine, they come on but when it's dark with no lights on they go completely off just leaving the 4 needles illuminated.

IMG_20160518_212251369_zpsl8bh4sjs.jpg

I don't understand, I have only ever had a F/L Yeti!

That is exactly what I was saying, the numeral lights don't just dim they are off altogether, only the speedo and tachometer pointers are lit if the light switch is off after dark.

Oops, sorry, thought you'd had a "Classic"  Yeti before your current one.

This is before I even start the engine, they come on but when it's dark with no lights on they go completely off just leaving the 4 needles illuminated.

I think my new Yeti must have had a brain storm the other day. The instruments were fully lit even though it was dark & I had no headlights on. But having seen your reply, I've just gone outside & checked it again and find that whilst the needles stay illuminated all the time the ignition is on, the numerals are only lit when the light switch is selecting Auto, manual headlights, or fog lights. When the switch is off, or selecting side (parking) lights, the numerals are not lit - just like your photo. Which is what my pre-F/L Yeti did too.

I'll keep an eye on it!

I'm on the Isle of Mull at the moment and it's not totally dark yet, but the front fog lights do look rather dim. Not impressed!

Edited by speedsport

I'm on the Isle of Mull at the moment and it's not totally dark yet, but the front fog lights do look rather dim. Not impressed!

Me neither, they are only 35w H8s. Good for slow speed cornering but I would like more light low down for a pea souper.

I believe the 55w H11 can be made to fit so it may be a project for later.

I do love the Western Isles :thumbup:

• Like 1

One thing I've noticed is that the fuel gauge on our F/L TDI is much more non-linear than that on our classic TSI. On the TSI, the gauge would stay full for a long time, then fall evenly, whereas on the TDI the gauge seems to go through several patches of not moving much, then plummeting. Maybe it's the different shape to the fuel tanks, or perhaps the gauge is damped differently.

• Like 1