Skoda Superb Wipers Not Working

Hi

My mate has a Superb on an 08 plate, his wife put the wipers on when they were frozen to the screen & now they don't work.

I have checked all the fuses on the side of the dash & pulled them out & reitted them aswell.

Haynes version of autodata shows a fuse plan & its supposed to be No 19 under the bonnet for the wipers, I Think we've had every plastic panel/cover off under the bonnet & can't find another fuse box. Any help will be appreciated.

I think they're in the ECU weatherproof box (there is a collection of fuses / relays in there on mine), which is on the UK driver's side of the car.  To get the lid off, you'll need to remove at least the scuttle trim, and perhaps the wiper arms, hinge covers and water deflector affixed to the windshield.  There are 4 x 7mm hex bolts can get to in the ECU box cover that you can reach with the water deflector in place, and at least one round the back which I think you can't get to easily.

If you do take the deflector off, be careful on refitting it - if you have any dirt / grit underneath it then on applying pressure to re-attach it you can crack your windscreen.  I think there are some instructions for removal / refit in the water ingress sticky thread.

Don't remove the scuttle trim to access the rear bolt for the ECU housing. If you examine the scuttle trim very carefully, there's a removable "plug" (almost invisible) which gives access to the bolt. You might need to take the wiper arm off though, as normally the plug is made accessible by parking the wipers vertically.

Brilliant Teutonic detail - if they had fitted a hex head bolt, there would be no need for a plug...

The Superb fuse card is wrong. The card in the fuse panel is for a LHD car and is nonsense (mirror -imaged). Scan it, and flip the image laterally in Microsoft Word (it has to be good for something) and print it out.

What a mean Teutonic trick for a dark wet night...

rotodiesel.

• Like 1

I clocked the plug after writing this, as you say @rotodiesel the wiper arm obstructs it, d'oh. 

I can't believe it is quite such a mission to get to the fuses in the engine compartment.  Mean mean mean.