How To: Fit Blue tint wing mirror glass

hutchysrs50

Not a bad job, takes about 15 minutes per side.

So the blue tint mirror glass should look somthing like this beside the original.

image.jpg

The glass is easy enough to remove, just press the glass nearest the car so it folds in on one side and then pop your fingers in and gently pull as evenly as possible so the glass doesnt get damaged and it should pop off. then unclip the heating wires.

image.jpg

The wires for the heating elements are in a different palce for these Skoda Superb blue tint glass so the wires needed to be extended slightly.

as can be seen here, two connectors on the right and two conenctors on the left.

image.jpg

so extend the wires enough to go to the other side.

image.jpg

Then plug in and firmly push into place all around the center untill the hear the plastic clips locking into place.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Mine

002_zps7c08c0a4.jpg

003_zpsc5a79f00.jpg

Originals and blues side-by-side

006_zps7a449501.jpg

NB. Others I've found to fit are MkI Octavia, MkIV Golf and early Audi A3 and (possibly) early A4. Cheap from self-serve scrap yards if you wear cargo pants ;)

• Like 1

Lee, Your Block paving needs weeding

Mines fine btw...

Looks like Mrs Lee has done a good job on yours Hutchy

wonered why she was spending weekends away 'working'. Summat you wanna tell me, Hutchy? :punch:

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...