Fabia heater probs

Hi all I have a 2002 2.0 Fabia and every now and then when driving along the heater blower will come on by itself and blow hot air even if set to cold. Not sure this is related but the ac doesn't work either. I've had the system re gassed and I've noticed when turned on the compressor and rad fan don't come on

Any advice greatly appreciated

Yes, well as far as getting power to the compressor, as Tech1e has said, if the internals of that compressor are seized you will need more than "power getting to the compressor" to get it working again - as you have alluded to - expensive and probably not worth bothering about.

The way you have written your original posting, it sounds like the heater fan motor is only running when it feels like it, which is not too good, if so that needs sorting, then as Tech1e says, you will probably need to reach in and replace the temperature flap motor - though getting that car scanned for faults sound like a good first step.

Edit:- anyway, if you are based in UK, are you sure that you definitely need Air Con? (maybe you are an optimist)

Edited by rum4mo