Retrofit Off Road Function

Upsidedown

As many forum members will know, the Off Road function, among other things, increases the effect of the electronic diff lock (i.e. making it a bit more like a true diff lock.) by activating a more aggressive action of the ABS. This could make the difference in some muddy or snowy conditions. Unfortunately the 170 TDi Yeti was imported into New Zealand as the Monte Carlo version without the Off Road function and equally unfortunately Skoda say that the "Off Road" function cannot be retro-fitted.

However a post on a VW site shows how to retrofit the off road function for a Tiguan. (The VW 4-Motion system fitted to the Tiguan is similar to, if not the same as the Skoda Off Road function) - http://www.mytiguan.com/index.php?/t...n-button-how2/  I'd be interested to know if anybody has achieved the same with a Yeti and if so how?

I posted last month on the "other' Yeti forum but didn't receive any positive responses. Subsequently I have sourced an "Off Road" switch from Skoda and have found out how to fit it by removing one of the existing blanks. It looks like quite an easy job although getting the wiring through the firewall to the engine bay and ECU may be a bit more difficult.

Importantly I have found that the combined ABS hydraulic unit and its associated electronic controller - which is the key part for the Off Road EDL - are the same part number for my vehicle both with and without the Off Road function. Although I have a 2015 model I suspect that possibly its the same unit across the range (manufactured that year?)

So what I still need is:

(a) The wiring pin configurations from the switch to the ECU and

(B) The code for the Off Road function in the ABS module to input into the VCDS

Does anybody have the switch and ECU pin configurations and / or the coding for the ABS with the Off Road function activated? (i.e.The pin config and / or a VCDS printout from a F/L Yeti with a factory fitted Off Road switch but preferably a 2015 or 2016 model.) Any info is likely to be helpful. (e.g. the wiring pin config just for the switch) and gratefully received.

As an alternative if somebody could pm me the VIN for preferably a TDi 2015, Yeti (or possibly any 2015 ) with the factory fitted Off Road function I could probably then find the relevant code through the VCDS to enter onto my vehicle.

As I said, any help gratefully received.

If you're looking for wiring data, might be worth registering on ErWin and buying some access time to download wiring diagrams (and as much else as you can download in that time!).

Access for an hour (or even a day) doesn't cost much.

Mine's a 170 with Off Road, but it's a 2011.

Edited by muddyboots

Thanks Muddyboots.. I'll have a go with erWin. Could be a useful general exercise anyway. Has anybody else tried erWin (for any topic that is)?

David. Thanks for your pm and the info. I've found I can't pm a reply directly as I haven't been using the site long enough. However I'll post how I get on.

I did use it some years back, when I had a Seat Ibiza - downloaded the wiring diagrams for it, plus a self-study guide on the Bosch ESP system. I think you can get all the repair manuals etc - so as you say, a useful exercise anyway.