Bolero unit

Ive not long had my VRS and am going through a few bits and pieces and sorting them as I go. I just want to confirm a few things. My car has an aftermarket parrot handfree kit installed, but neither that or the phone option on the headunit work. Im pretty sure its a disconnected cable, vcds shows an iso lead error, but the question is, if the bolero comes with a phone option doesnt that mean it was capable of being bluetooth anyway? Or am I wrong, please educate me :) Ive partially taken the trim off sorting a glovebox issue but didnt want to remove all trim in the footwell at the time, ive also had the headunit out and cant get access to the connectors, but it does look like an aftermarket loom connector has been used inside there. But im drifting, if I disconnect the parrot eventually (im in no rush) will the headunit be a handfree unit, if I connect the parrot is it better than the standard handsfree? Open to suggestions

You will require a Bluetooth module, usually situated under passenger or driver seat, for the phone option on the Bolero to work in addition to this a microphone which sits in the roof panel where the centre interior light is also some coding using vcds to get it working. I used to have the Parrot system but upgraded Bolero to Columbus and added bluetooth module looks neater than the Parrot