DSG flappy paddles

Ive found that the downshift on the flappy paddle on my vrs is intermittent in operation. Verified through vcds it shows error saying same thing. I will try spraying some contact cleaner in the switch when it arrives as sometimes you can make it work by pressing in different places or wiggling it. But has anyone ever removed the steering wheel from a 2010 vRS three spoke, I suppose I dont want to remove the whole lot, its just the centre airbag unit so I can get access to the swiitch for part number so I can order one if cleaning doesnt work? Thanks for the help

Airbag is easy to remove, turn the wheel 90 degrees left and right and you should see a little little hole on the rear of wheel. You need to put a flat bladed screwdriver in it to unclip each side.

Normal airbag procedures should be used like disconnecting the battery and waiting for the system to discharge.

I think the part numbers for the paddle switches are: 3T0951527 and 3T0951527A looking at this: http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en/shop/multifunction-switches-buttons-11/skoda-steering-wheel-dsg-shift-paddles/