Android Pay.

TheWanderer

Has anyone got this to work anywhere yet?

I've entered my card details into it with the correct dates and 3 digit CVC on the back of my debit card, it has sent me a validation code which I have entered and it has activated it.

Yet when I go to pay for something like a coffee or burger or even something in Boots, WHS, Lakeland or anywhere which has the ability to pay with contactless payment methods, it just gets declined, so I have to go rummaging through my pockets for my card wallet for a debit or credit card to pay.

Is there anyway to test whether it is working or not or to ensure that it has been setup correctly? I know that it has said that it has been done correctly, but why the constant refusal/declined payments with it, yet my debit/credit cards work fine.

Most puzzled.

Nope I have a standard LG G4 running Marshmallow (Android 6.0)

Try rebooting into recovery and clearing your cache.

Have you had the device since new?

Has it ever been repaired?

Have you unlocked the boot loader?

Have you ever factory reset with cards stored in Google wallet/Android pay?

Try rebooting into recovery and clearing your cache.

Have you had the device since new?

Has it ever been repaired?

Have you unlocked the boot loader?

Have you ever factory reset with cards stored in Google wallet/Android pay?

I'll answer in order.

No, I haven't tried rebooting & clearing the cache (I don't know how to on this phone).

Since New? Yes.

Repaired? No.

Unlocked the bootloader (whatever that is) It's got to be no, as I haven't tinkered with the phone.

I've never had any cards in Google Wallet, as I've never used it.

I tried again yesterday and I was amazed that it worked in M&S at Waterloo, but wouldn't at Guildford, would at WHS at Guildford,but not in Boots at Waterloo.

All of the terminals show the Android Pay mark,so am a bit baffled why I'm getting varied results of accepted and declined payments.

I tried again yesterday and I was amazed that it worked in M&S at Waterloo, but wouldn't at Guildford, would at WHS at Guildford,but not in Boots at Waterloo.

All of the terminals show the Android Pay mark,so am a bit baffled why I'm getting varied results of accepted and declined payments.

Perhaps they haven't been enabled despite the logo?

I know this was the case when Apple pay came out.

I used this today for the first time since installing (this thread caused me to install it), hovered the phone over the contactless pay terminal and nothing. Held my card over instant payment.

Surely my plastic/rubber case on my HTC10 wouldn't stop this? I will try again as it should work on any contactless pay point.

NFC is permanently on.

So just tried Android beam HTC10 to S6 both in cases, Nothing, both out of cases works OK and then each phone in its case nothing. Seems the case is the culprit maybe when it comes to paying?

Edited by Welsh_kai_boy

I leave the case on my G4 and it works just above the reader and touching the reader centrally with the phone.

Now it's working correctly it's great, I don't need my wallet, just my phone, which is kept in a zipped pocket or belt pack.