EPC Light on Fabia vRS

After slowly beginning to win me over after my oil debacle, my vRS this morning decided to throw up the EPC light on the dash.  I was pulling out at a T junction when the power dropped and then came back again, luckily there was no other traffic on the road and I was able to pull into a layby.  I waited a couple of mins and the light went off and then I drove back home but the light didn't come back on.  I'd been drving for about 30 mins so it wasn't from a cold start.  I've done 22k and the plugs have not been changed.

Would any EPC related repairs be covered under the warranty?  Obviously I won't know what the problem is until it's been diagnosed but I just don't really want to pay for any more repairs on a car that's just over 3 years old.  My PCP runs out in September and I'm starting to think it would be a good idea to get rid of it, I don't really want to stick with a car thinking it's going to break down all the time.

Simples really you want to change all 4 spark plugs because 1 is on its way out, ASAP would be good.

Thanks, just been reading your thread about plugs so I'll get them done as I'm off on holiday next week. 

Apparently, the remain campaign is now stating that 300,000 UK jobs will go due to my EPC light coming on although I think this may be just another plot of Project FEAR :)

• Like 1

I bought some Denson plugs as per the spark plug thread and my friendly mechanic came round and fitted them for me this morning.  When he removed the old ones he said they were some of the worst he had seen and said they should have changed them when they did the breather mod.  Here's a pic of the old ones:

IMG_20160527_093823.jpg

He said there was a mis-fire with the old plugs but the new ones fixed this and it is now running like a dream again.  Hopefully this will be the last of my woes with the vRS!

• Like 2