key fob trouble

Hi, i bought the car in oct with 1 key that didnt open with the fob buttons (opens with key on door tho). Ive bought a 2nd key and got this sync with immobiliser. But for some reason neither key will lock/unlock on the fob. Ive been through youtube/fob threads to find how to get them to work but to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the keys to connect?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Towny. I recently bought a fabia sport for my daughter. it came with one key. I was offered ;

A key that will open the doors

A key that will open the doors and start the car

Or a key that does the full shabbang. ie, both of the above and also operate the remote central locking (just like a factory key)

For your information I bought the latter for the some of £150 inc vat. The locksmith came recommended to me and the coding was done through skodas software. New key even looks factory, complete with little skoda badge . :happy:

Hi, i bought a new key and took it to a locksmith to get it all coded for immobiliser and the doors. He did the immo, but couldnt get either key to work with the central locking. Im at a loss with what to do next.

Check the fuses.... On the VRS it's fuse 60 for the alarm sounder. In the past I pulled that due to many false alarms at night. But it then wouldn't code new keys until I put it back.

Cheers vindaloo, I'll have a look at that. The hazards flash, but the alarm never sounds. I just assumed it had been disarmed. That would make sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ive changed the fuse but still no joy. I think I've tested the alarm (opened back doors before turning ignition makes the hazards flash which I'm assuming is the alarm) but no audible warning. Still confused/frustrated.

The immobiliser and central door locking are seperate systems and both require programming. If a CDL remote won't program (VCDS is best bet for this) then either a new battery is required in the remote, the remote is faulty or the incorrect one, they aren't all the same frequency or the control unit isn't picking up the signal (faulty aerial). VCDS will be able to tell if I signal is being received by the remote.

• Like 1

I assume they supplied correct key fob with correct frequency?

I retrofitted OEM fobs and capable CCM to my mates Golf mk4 and they changed frequency from 433 to 434MHz. This was changed on MY2002 or 03 iirc.

Ive changed the fuse but still no joy. I think I've tested the alarm (opened back doors before turning ignition makes the hazards flash which I'm assuming is the alarm) but no audible warning. Still confused/frustrated.

Oops, misread this last night. Obviously the alarm should sound when deliberately provoking it. I thought you meant "chirps" when locking/unlocking.

The immobiliser and central door locking are seperate systems and both require programming. If a CDL remote won't program (VCDS is best bet for this) then either a new battery is required in the remote, the remote is faulty or the incorrect one, they aren't all the same frequency or the control unit isn't picking up the signal (faulty aerial). VCDS will be able to tell if I signal is being received by the remote.

Both fobs have new batteries. The one I got with the car is a well warn fob so I got a new battery as a first try. I opened this fob to get the part number so I got the right fob when getting a second one. Both are connected to immo so both start at no problem.

So what is this VCDS? Is it something I can do myself? I've seen you can get the cable for next to nothing on eBay, do I need to get a program as well or can I download it from somewhere?

Cheers

Mind you that the ebay cable will only work with VCDS lite - which you can download from website above. This can only do a few functions unless you register it for 99 USD.

Where are you based? 

I have full VCDS and VCP and can program fobs and key transponders. 

• Like 1

Mind you that the ebay cable will only work with VCDS lite - which you can download from website above. This can only do a few functions unless you register it for 99 USD.

Where are you based?

I have full VCDS and VCP and can program fobs and key transponders.

Im in leeds. Where abouts are you? It might be worth me getting a cable if it will help me diagnose any problems.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Am just south of Worcester. So a bit far away from Leeds.

You can get VCDS - if you have other VAG cars in your family it's a good investment to get the genuine HEX+CAN. 

It's under 300 quid and you can do pretty much everything a dealer can. 

Am just south of Worcester. So a bit far away from Leeds.

You can get VCDS - if you have other VAG cars in your family it's a good investment to get the genuine HEX+CAN.

It's under 300 quid and you can do pretty much everything a dealer can.

Sorry, only just seen this. I have a few mates who are VW owners. Might see if they fancy going in on one. Thanks for your help.