Irish mudflaps

Llanigraham

Anyone tried these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Moulded-Universal-Fit-Mud-Flap-Mudflaps-Front-or-Rear-to-fit-Skoda-Models-/321950109288?fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda%7CModel%3AYeti&hash=item4af5b8ce68:g:wK8AAOSwNphWbdcu

They appear to be deeper than the standard ones and are apparently capable of being fitted to all models, front and rear. Also seem to come with longer screws.

Wondering whether to take a punt on them after this weekends jaunt into Hafren Forest  

For £18 for all four corners its not a lot of money to risk and you've got 14 days to return them if they aren't up to expectations. If I didn't already have the Skoda ones I'd certainly be tempted to give them a try.

Checking out the seller’s eBay shop, you will find the same (according to the photographs) Mud Flaps advertised for several makes and marks. It also states “To Suit Skoda Models” - my underlining of the word Suit – but we know that Skoda body shapes (and others) differ greatly. They are advertised as “Universal Fit” and some modification / shaping will be necessary to ensure a hopefully reasonable fit. It sounds from the sellers advert, that they secure by means of self tapping screws to the wheel arch. Puncturing the “Skin” and violating the paint / corrosion warranty? Not something I would be happy with.

If you go back through the feedback for the seller, you will find a few negative comments regarding Mud Flaps (fitting various makes) that are less than complimentary about them – Poor fitting profile etc and not being able to return them as they had attempted to make them fit and the seller would then not accept their return. So attempting to fit them and altering the profile for something that is supposed to “Fit” in the first place negates your ability to ask for a refund?

Still “Fancy a punt”? Well to be fair. The seller has a quite reasonable positive feedback. It will be interesting to see if someone does speculate the £18 for a full set and just how well or not they fit.

In the meantime Graham:

I hope you’re enjoying both your retirement AND the new Yeti. I’m sure you will soon have the Tow-Bar coding sorted out! and don’t forget I’m still here should you need any more electronic "bits & Pieces" etc…………….Tony

Just had a thought, its boring here, - Do these fit in front of the wheels being Irish(no disrespect meant to our Celtic friends!!!!!!) 

Ok off to the corner again, think I'll take out a season ticket.

• Like 2

Jim,

With the Halford's ones, did you have to make new mounting holes in them, or do they come with none anyway?

Ask because it will be an excuse to go over to Aberystwyth over the weekend

Jim,

With the Halford's ones, did you have to make new mounting holes in them, or do they come with none anyway?

Graham, Sorry I can't exactly remember - I know it was a bit of a faff - I think I had to make some small clamp plates because some of the existing holes in the car didn't quite line up with the flanges on the flaps. But once fitted they've been fine, and they certainly add more protection than the OEM ones.  Note my car is the pre F/L......

Jim

• 4 weeks later...