Soda Yeti Monte Carlo 1.2tsi 6 speed manual - has it been deleted?

ashabristol

Hi,

We were just about to place an order for one of these but it's disappeared from the UK configurator. It was still on the UK price list but has disappeared from that now as well. Odd, as the DSG version is still available and both were only announced at the beginning of May. Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks,

Ash.

Sad to say but manual transmissions are a dying breed in Australia and I suspect a liability when it comes to disposal.

As Skoda are configuring the MY17 builds, starting week 22, it might just be being updated. I'd ring a dealer and see if he can see it on the dealer system?

As Skoda are configuring the MY17 builds, starting week 22, it might just be being updated. I'd ring a dealer and see if he can see it on the dealer system?

Our dealer is keen to take a deposit so i assume it's visable on their system and it hasn't been removed from any of the online brokers sites. Our main concern is if we order it only to find out it has been discontinued what is the likelyhood of it ever getting built? It's not like any of the component parts are being discontinued - the Monte Carlo chassis is still available, as is the 1.2tsi engine, as is the 6 speed manual gearbox.

I'd assume that if its on the dealers system it would get built. I have not heard of anyone making an order for a Yeti and then being told that it was a mistake and that the configuration could not be built. Delays due to lack of parts yes but not a complete cancellation. Unless someone knows differently?

When I was ordering my Yeti back in January, the dealer told me not to rely on the configurator as it is sometimes unreliable and doesn't offer combinations of options that the dealers' system can provide. He wasn't referring to the Yeti in particular, but the Skoda range in general. I'd talk direct to an authorised  dealer & see what they can do.

When I was ordering my Yeti back in January, the dealer told me not to rely on the configurator as it is sometimes unreliable and doesn't offer combinations of options that the dealers' system can provide. He wasn't referring to the Yeti in particular, but the Skoda range in general. I'd talk direct to an authorised  dealer & see what they can do.

This I think is general across a wide range of cars in the middle of the pack. Having looked at the new Seat Ateca configurator this allows options that appear to be standard in the catalogue and a load of other errors. I think as you get to the higher priced cars where everything is a cost option and where they seem not to do combination packs the situation is less likely.

After reading everyone's responses we have placed the order. I assume there isn't much of a lag between signing the paperwork and the order being placed on the dealers computer system so if i don't hear anything in the next few days i'll assume it has made it into the build queue. I agree about the configurator being error prone, but that still doesn't explain why this spec has been removed from the main price list.

Edited by ashabristol

Just came across this,  Yeti Monte Carlo for under £100 per month incl VAT

Even have the DSG for just over £100 per month,  

Is it me, or is this fairly cheap ?

http://www.fleetprices.co.uk/personal-lease-cars/skoda/yeti-estate

We have paid the deposit and the dealer has confirmed the car is on the system awaiting a build date, however at about the same time I posted my original post I also emailed Skoda customer services and this is what they had to say:-

"I have looked into your query regarding the availability of this particular specification and can confirm that due to model year changes, this specification is no longer available."

Now I'm more confused than ever, is it likely to get built? If it does get built, it will be one of the rarest Yetis on UK roads having only been officially available for about 3 weeks. I always thought model year changes involved tweaking things, like replacing an engine with a more efficient one or a light bulb with a more efficient type? I didn't think it affected which gearbox was available with which engine etc? I always though that decision was made by Skoda in each individual country, hence why Germany (for example) have a much wider range of engines and transmissions available compared to us here in the UK?

There are country differences which has got to be down to the local business deciding what would sell in area.

Was this car a a dealer stock car or have they ordered it based on your order? If it's a stock order, that they have allocated to you, I'd make sure that the factory order reflected the change in status. I've been told by my dealer that stock, dealer, orders get a lower priority in the schedule. I hope it all goes well for you and that the order is a good one.

Now I'm more confused than ever, is it likely to get built? If it does get built, it will be one of the rarest Yetis on UK roads having only been officially available for about 3 weeks. I always thought model year changes involved tweaking things, like replacing an engine with a more efficient one or a light bulb with a more efficient type? I didn't think it affected which gearbox was available with which engine etc? I always though that decision was made by Skoda in each individual country, hence why Germany (for example) have a much wider range of engines and transmissions available compared to us here in the UK?

It could be both. Could simply be they are trying to simplify the range they bring into the UK or on a global scale they may be trying to scale back on certain Yeti configurations in order to increase capacity to manufacture other models.

Over here in Australia, there's only a 1.2l manual which I was informed is a model Skoda AU do not sell much of. People either buy the 1.2 DSG or a 1.4 DSG. Reading between the lines, you could say they only advertise that manual model here so they can advertise the vehicle to be "priced from $xyz".

• Like 1

There are country differences which has got to be down to the local business deciding what would sell in area.

Was this car a a dealer stock car or have they ordered it based on your order? If it's a stock order, that they have allocated to you, I'd make sure that the factory order reflected the change in status. I've been told by my dealer that stock, dealer, orders get a lower priority in the schedule. I hope it all goes well for you and that the order is a good one.

Car is a factory order, not a stock car. The spec in question was only announced on 3rd May this year and promptly deleted approx. 3 weeks later so it is very unlikely any stock cars exist. Not quite sure what you mean by "I'd make sure that the factory order reflects the change in status"? The dealer has told me that the order has been placed on the system awaiting a build date and that's as much has he can tell me at this moment in time.

Sounds good, my comment was only relevant if the dealer had ordered it as stock and did not change the status to customer order once you'd done your deal. As its your order it does not apply. As far as I've been told customer orders take priority over dealer stock orders.

My own order has a build week (31) but I've been told that this might change next week (22) when the factory reschedule after reconfiguring the line for MY17. I was told that cancelled orders would be deleted, stock cars moved to the rear of the schedule and customer orders re forecast. Much of this depends on engines, gearboxes and options. Again, in my case, I've been told that the TDi 150 and DSG combination for the Yeti has been restricted to enable other car orders.

Sounds good, my comment was only relevant if the dealer had ordered it as stock and did not change the status to customer order once you'd done your deal. As its your order it does not apply. As far as I've been told customer orders take priority over dealer stock orders.

My own order has a build week (31) but I've been told that this might change next week (22) when the factory reschedule after reconfiguring the line for MY17. I was told that cancelled orders would be deleted, stock cars moved to the rear of the schedule and customer orders re forecast. Much of this depends on engines, gearboxes and options. Again, in my case, I've been told that the TDi 150 and DSG combination for the Yeti has been restricted to enable other car orders.

Sorry, I'm with you now. Does anyone know if Skoda will honour orders placed in the short time the spec in question was 'live' or will everyone who's ordered one be refunded their deposits and told 'no can do'? Never bought a new car from Skoda before so not sure how they operate?

I've not seen anybody on here that has had an order cancelled but I'm sure you'll get responses to that question from others. You should soon know all is OK once you get a build week. The dealer can see the updates and build weeks so give him a nudge at the end of next week would be my advice.

It's obviously a frustration and a worry for you but hang in and see what happens the cars worth the wait.

Might need to ask the dealer to get clarity. Might be worth getting a print out of the order and spec and options.

The printed one cannot change, but an electronic one might get updated.

Remember the order has small print allowing spec to be changed.

In practice if an option becomes standard you will get it but will have paid extra, if something becomes better then will get new version, anything that was standard that is now a cost option will be included but won't have to pay extra. But bound to be exceptions.

Dealer just says he's ordered it on the system and it's awaiting a build date. He can't tell me anymore than that. I have the new car order form but not a complete list of equipment fitted as we are not talking about a minor change in spec here being the issue. We're talking about the deletion of the manual gearbox with this engine in this grade. The spec in question is still available in Germany so it must still be able to be produced.