Red warning - has anyone seen this

Hi,

Driving into my (very narrow and carefully watching the granite walls either side) driveway I heard a whistling sound which came from the region of the Columbus.  I applied the brakes and looked at the Columbus in time to see a picture of the car (in plan view) surrounded front and both sides in three red signs headlined WARNING then with a couple of lines about the warning, the information was the same on all three sides and only stayed visible for a split second, not long enough to take it in.  Never appeared before or since no other icons were on the screen, I've done a couple of hundred miles and driven into my driveway in the same manner many times since.

I've searched the manuals and found nothing so in desperation I called that fount of all wisdom Skoda Customer Service, I guess that you know what their answer was, yup, "Take it to your local dealer".  Now I know that my local dealer is going to be able to instantly diagnose a transient indication that doesn't show on the info/message search and has only appeared for a split second a couple of weeks ago in a car that is performing perfectly in all ways.  Now I've come to my senses and I'm asking the people who would know Briskodians!

Superb 1.4 ACT SE L Exec.  2,000 miles on the clock and as I say driving beautifully.

Has anyone else seen this?

I should think it was this, it lit up on my display in red when a car braked sharply in front of me and turned left, obviously it believed we were about to have an accident, would imagine it thought the same turning into your very narrow drive, perhaps a little quicker than usual or a little nearer one of the walls.  The picture is in black and white but was red on my dash.

post-140878-0-65428600-1464086058_thumb.jpg

Edited by russ1610

Bloody hell I didn't know the car had a laser blaster !! It vaporises the kid to minimise damage to the car ???? !!

If only, not worried about the kids but there are certainly a few out there who need vaporising Ha HA

• Like 3

OP is referring to Columbus. On assumption he's not getting it confused with the maxi dot I would guess it might be the park pilot (proximity warning) display...?

post-74330-0-29566400-1464108295_thumb.jpg

I've had it briefly pop up on the screen on two occasions with no obviously apparent reason for it activating. Both times out in the sticks while stationary so guessed an animal probably ran past the sensors.

• Like 1

OP is referring to Columbus. On assumption he's not getting it confused with the maxi dot I would guess it might be the park pilot (proximity warning) display...?

post-74330-0-29566400-1464108295_thumb.j

I've had it briefly pop up on the screen on two occasions with no obviously apparent reason for it activating. Both times out in the sticks while stationary so guessed an animal probably ran past the sensors.

Ye your probably right there, Now that's what happens when you read the thread correctly and don't read it wrongly like I appear to have done, should think the answer is right one way or another, certainly wouldn't go to the local dealer with it.

Many thanks guys.  Briskodians  lots and lots - SkodaUK Customer Service the usual " *** all".  

Maxidot/Columbus  it's that 8" sort of telly thingumy that sits between me and SWMBO and keeps telling me where to go, come to think of it that is SWMBO.  Once again many thanks.