DSG Gearbox 2013 Fabia 2 Elegance Estate 105 TSI

Hi Folks

How do you DSG gearbox owners drive your car. Do you prefer the fully automatic select D and forget, or do you drive the car "tiptronically", or a mixture of both. I have owned my car for about six weeks now and for short local runs I am getting about 34 mpg using fully automatic. However, on occasions I do select tiptronic and it is surprising how quickly the mpg rises. On my journey home from picking up the vehicle I averaged 45 mpg with a good 75% of the journey being motorway with motorway speeds. When driving tiptronically how do you approach junctions or roundabouts etc. Do you change down through the box to 2nd or to 4th and let the gearbox select the lower gear to start off or do you select auto to set off and then select tiptronic. I have noticed that the car changes down quite early in full auto but when tiptronic it will continue to pull a gear for longer. It will be interesting to hear your comments on your DSG driving styles. One other thing. The vehicle has done 21000 miles and there is no record of spark plug changes. I have no experience.of misfire etc, but the car needs to turn over a couple of times before it fires. Is this normal or an early sign of spark plug "wear". The vehicle is under Skoda warranty till the end of June so I will stick to Skoda parts. I have not changed spark plugs for donkeys years, do these leads just pull off or is there anything special to do or to look out for. Skoda will charge about £110 to supply and fit new plugs. Cheers  Bob.

I did the plugs on our 1.2TSI earlier this year. It was nice and easy. HT leads pull off relatively easy. I used a pair of needle nose pliers to get some extra purchase. I used this 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002Z8J6X2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

as it has a nice slim wall and magnetic. Took around 1/2 hr for all plugs. I bought genuine NGK plugs off eBay for £46

Thanks Nathanio for your reply. Did you have to "gap" the plugs or were they correct on purchase. Do you know what the gap is. Cheers. Bob.