Coil pack recall

People having problems to do with ignition/cold start/spluttering....ring your nearest skoda dealer as there is a recall for the coil pack to be replaced f.o.c.

Yeah just ring the dealers and enjoy the disgruntled look on the service managers face when you pick your car up having had something FOC.

But be ready for the...'oh, while your car was in we noticed this... £££££££ kerching!

Or am I being too cynical?

• Like 1

If they fix something at extra charge without ur permission....then just say you never asked for that work to be done and ur not paying

A dealer wouldn't normally do that as it is a bit naughty, they'll just guilt trip you and brow beat you into getting it done. It's amazing what they find when they're doing one little job on the car...don't know where they find the time to do a 30 point check every time they see a car.

I think someone needs to take my soap box away...

Don't get me too wrong, there are some good mechanics and very fair service staff in some dealerships, it's just been a while since I've seen any...

• Like 1

I bought my octy after it had an engine swap it has a mk4 golf gti Auq engine in now would I be able to get passed this or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might all find that its actually skoda who push dealers to carry out safety checks or VHCs on every car that enters the workshop. It's not top on the list of my priorities, I'd rather just fix the car and keep the customer happy but rules are rules.

Its not always a bad thing getting a free inspection and can often highlight unknown issues.

Edited by James@RRGRochdale

I bought my octy after it had an engine swap it has a mk4 golf gti Auq engine in now would I be able to get passed this or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coil pack replacement is related to the type of coil packs fitted not which engine they're in. Dealer will check to see which coilpack revision is fitted & will replace them free of charge if they are the revision covered by the VAG campaign.

BTW, the VRS came with an AUQ engine fitted as standard.

• Administrators

Ring up and book it, you've got nothing to loose!

When I took mine I had 3 non gen and one original, they replaced the whole lot for me. For that I went back and had some more work done and said many thanks for the help and support. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if my coil packs are the old ones or the revised ones please?

1458e647191ede035f2ad25b40a0ad95.jpg

Been waiting 5 days for Simpsons Skoda to call me back with a date to take it in.

Cheers.

Well mine went in today for the recall.

I wasn't expecting them to change any but all 4 were done no questions asked, plus a free health check [emoji2]

b43cbea54ae9ae936a741717bba5f44a.jpg

• Like 1