2011 model

alberg

Hi everyone

My parents have been looking at a 1.2tsi with only 40000km

Last 2 years its only done a few kms.

It's from a private lady, no licence to drive and her husband has passed away 2 Years ago.

Anything to look for

Timing chain, turbo, etc

Thanks

It also has panoramic roof but no xenon

Everything else on it basically.

Front and rear sensor

17"

Amudson gps

Tinted glass

Climatronic

3 spoke steering wheel with dials

Bluetooth

Others

Hi Alberg. I 'm suprised at the lack of response to your post so although I'm not very technically minded these are the things I would be thinking about. My 2013 Yeti has also done around 40,000k and just had its second service. It's been pretty much fault free other than an annoying rattle from the tailgate lock, squeaks from the struts that support the tailgate and a replacement tailgate strut (and the rear badge for whiteworm. Mechanically everything has been great and in fact I would say it's got beter over the last 10-15k as things settled themselves in. So overall I would thought at that age and mileage its well worth looking at at the right price.

But it has not been used for the last two years so the things that jump out at me are

I'd want it given a good service straight away (including getting any software updates installed) and with that service I'd include a change of brake fluid and recharging the aircon. Are the tyres still in good condition? If they are the original tyres they would now be six years old (at least) and possibly been standing on the same patch of rubber for months. I'd factor in the cost of a new set of tyres. Have the ht leads been changed for the new ones - lots on the forum about problems with the No.1 lead on the early Yetis.

And obviously a good scout around for rust, although possibly not as much of a problem in Portugal as it might be here.

Good luck!

All that Paul52 makes good sense especially the tyres. It would really worry me if they have not been moved for a couple of years. The early car, 2010, did suffer from rattles and squeaks especially internally from the front and side doors.  These were fixed but took time to sort.

Couple of further thoughts - I'd also want to replace the battery (it must be nearly at the end of its life) and with its recent history carefully check for any unusual corrosion of the exhaust system. As you mention sunroof there have been reports of earlier models getting water inside the car because of blocked drainage tubes (a search of the forum should bring up more information) so even in Portugal worth a careful check for damp carpets or water in the lowest parts of the boot.

Don't forget to let us know how you get on.

Edited by Paul52
  • Like 1

Check front brake pads - mine disintegrated gradually and need replacement after 30000 miles. (chemical damage cited).  I could hear a grating sound and slightly jerky braking.

Check front brake pads - mine disintegrated gradually and need replacement after 30000 miles. (chemical damage cited). I could hear a grating sound and slightly jerky braking.

Indeed, I would suggest a full brake service as the callipers could well have stuck. Cars need to be driven.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk