Surge help!

Hi all

I Got my 2001 vrs mapped today and it has mad my little surge worse:(

Think it's due toothed pipe I moved from the standard intercooler hard pipe, the pipe in question takes a fees from the intercooler pipe and feeds into the boost solenoid thing that then pipes down to the actuator??

sketch-1464373482952_zpsysisyehi.jpg

Standard received_640182036132455_zps6cltmgmt.jpe

My mod

Any thoughts as it feels like it's miss fireing, going to service it next week to?

Quite a common problem, not sure if there is a definitive answer yet. Some have cured the problem, others haven't.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/85515-the-old-hesitation-after-remap-problem/

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/56202-common-vrs-hesitation/

How do I bypass the n75 then? ;)

I think you have to replace it with a manual boost controller otherwise your car will overboost without it. I'm looking into this myself as I have just bought a VRS with loads of mods the seller didn't tell me about, including N75, N112 and N249 deletes.

I think mine have been mapped out though because I'm not getting an EML on and there are no resistors in the unused plugs.

Edited by Ade VRS

I think you have to replace it with a manual boost controller otherwise your car will overboost without it. I'm looking into this myself as I have just bought a VRS with loads of mods the seller didn't tell me about, including N75, N112 and N249 deletes.

I think mine have been mapped out though because I'm not getting an EML on and there are no resistors in the unused plugs.

How do they fit? Do they just replace the n75?

Cheap enuf to give it a try...

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/MANUAL-BOOST-CONTROLLER-MBC-TEE-VALVE-KIT-FOR-VAG-VW-GOLF-BORA-PASSAT-POLO-1-8T-/142001335831?hash=item210ff06e17%3Ag%3ApU0AAOSwa-dWpPqc&_trkparms=pageci%253A541ae2c9-245f-11e6-8b98-000c29bff394%257Cparentrq%253Af475fadf1540a6a8d8ae98f8ffffed2b%257Ciid%253A2

are R-Tech not the only mappers to be able to fix the "surge" problem with their software? I will be seeing R-tech for a new map when my fmic goes on...

Keep me upto date please :)

• Like 1

Right,turned the dv round the right way and removed the n75 plug and took it for a spin, had no boost (6psi) but ran smooth as a baby's bum, going to get a new n75 and try that, hopefully it might make it smoother :/

• Like 1