Anybody around Inverness, Alness, Tain ?

Graffiti

I mind talking to you!  Aye was knee deep in homers back then.  when I ended up with a brand new silver range rover sport in my wee garage at my flat that had hit a post down the side and taxi drivers knocking my door regular I just had to have a rest lol   I had to let the tyres down and fold a wing mirror to get the range rover in !

Understand your worries with torque on the gbox,  that was the first thing I did last year before the bigger mods.  Im just banging my head up a wall for the remap.  Its all built and finished ready and waiting to unlock the performance. but dont want a rough map  :wonder:

Hmm, glad you said that about the multi spokes.  My thoughts to. 

Suspension does sound sorted on yours, I very nearly bought joms but am waiting until the spring for better stuff.

This weather sucks!!!

I mind talking to you!  

Hmm, glad you said that about the multi spokes.  My thoughts to. 

This weather sucks!!!

A Few years back now that was..

When I ordered the two sets of alloys from TD I had only seen the multispokes & never any five spokes on the golf, even on the web. So went for the multis for lightness & fives for winters as the snow does not lodge in them...then fitted the fives to the car for first winter & thought oh bugger!............. :swear:

Never mind if I get really fed up I'll sell the multis & just get another set of the fives..... :rofl:

As for the weather......Rain here...no sleat.......no bright sunshine...............all in the past 10 mins...... :o!! Just get on with proper snow FFS!!​

A Few years back now that was..

When I ordered the two sets of alloys from TD I had only seen the multispokes & never any five spokes on the golf, even on the web. So went for the multis for lightness & fives for winters as the snow does not lodge in them...then fitted the fives to the car for first winter & thought oh bugger!............. :swear:

Never mind if I get really fed up I'll sell the multis & just get another set of the fives..... :rofl:

As for the weather......Rain here...no sleat.......no bright sunshine...............all in the past 10 mins...... :o!! Just get on with proper snow FFS!!​

It's no raing now!!   Get a cover on the Golf  :D

It's no raing now!!   Get a cover on the Golf  :D

& the snow is wet & windblown so not great for ski-ing

& the Golf lives in a nice big double garage........ :p

Well you won't think it was for two cars

• Like 1

& the snow is wet & windblown so not great for ski-ing

& the Golf lives in a nice big double garage........ :p

Well you won't think it was for two cars

Ha, double garage!! Wuss. Rust adds character. See if you dont want that garage though :)

No reply from 8ball tuning yet but more progress as per my fabia 1 hybrid turbo topic :)

Well thats mine now running again,  Nervously fired it up after cranking for a while on sunday.  Fired up perfect and I let it warm up a wee bit then the itch took over to just go around the square...Geeez,  after the first gentle gear change the noise gave me goose bumps and the shakes.  The hybrid flutters loud between changes and the big Fmic seems to amplify the sound, that was changing gear at 3k.  

About 2 mins later a boost hose blew off. On the Airtec Intercooler the pipe work stops at the plastic pipe before the inlet so have ordered an alloy pipe and silicone hose plus a forge coupler for where the old pipe blew out. That should be me just about done now.

Anyway, Thats my update.......suspension next.   Folks if anyone has any springs or kit there wanting to sell let me know, its my next job really.  I was going the coilover route but tbh you cant make a silk purse out a sows ear......I think thats how it go's lol  :notme:

• Like 1

Anybody my way that can help me with wiring a boost gauge in? it's all done just need to connect 4 wires from boost gauge sender ( it's an electronic boost gauge )

Yellow red black green,

Then yellow red black white on boost gauge.................and connect to car via ignition live, earth etc   the instructions are awful and smudged through being photocopied too much.

It's a stepmaster electronic gauge,  I have the fabia wiring exposed ready but I just cant work it out or find info online, I also have no volt meter thingy to check wires..

Just looking for a hand, Im stuck....   I would work something out to show my grattitude.

G

I have a couple of voltmeter thingys..........

& a VCDS thingy also.............

& a load of Farcom tool whatsists also......

I'm in Inverness on the 1st anyway..

1 hour ago, fabdavrav said:

I have a couple of voltmeter thingys..........

& a VCDS thingy also.............

& a load of Farcom tool whatsists also......

I'm in Inverness on the 1st anyway..

Howzit Fabdav,

Thanks v much:thumbup: , real generous of you. How would it go if I got wee shot of a volt tester meter thingy lol ? I would be attacking the boost gauge again the weekend.

Appreciate it very much dude, Tomorrow will pm my number to you see if we can work something out. :)

Away to my bed now so catch you tomorrow.

:sleepy:

1 hour ago, Graffiti said:

Howzit Fabdav,

Thanks v much:thumbup: , real generous of you. How would it go if I got wee shot of a volt tester meter thingy lol ? I would be attacking the boost gauge again the weekend.

Appreciate it very much dude, Tomorrow will pm my number to you see if we can work something out. :)

Away to my bed now so catch you tomorrow.

:sleepy:

watching for your pm tomorrow...

Sparco Torino reclinable bucket seats on way in my car :biggrin:

Coilovers heading on this week to. 

Am I the only one modding during the winter?!  Come on boy's.....its just a bit o cold weather :D 

13 minutes ago, Yaris said:

Bought a replacement rear wiper blade.

:tongueout: :tongueout:    Cool, now you can see where you have been....

So kin bored at work today, surprised I didnt start chatting to myself on here.   Well I was needing support I guess, In the dog house see.  Spent ages looking for a fish tank...Wife wanted a designer type one, mega hassle setting up and wife spent ages getting it perfect.  Set it up and left it to cycle then added a few tiny tetra's then week 2 added 2 nice size fish american cichlid's. 

So one big cichlid dissapears, Just gone?? not sucked to filter and impossible to jump out the tank, no bones or bit's   Just gone.   Last night I was determined to find this missing fish......Big glass lid off and torch in hand, still no fish, but loud crack as I stepped backwards.......................  So new fish tank, Broken lid and Houdini for a fish    f'KIN marvellous.

Is this talking to myself    

man gotta :sleepy:

• Like 1

Quuck update,

Car is going to SosMotorsport Falkirk for custom rolling road map asap.

Spoke to chap called Dave who was very helpful.  Cant rate this guys attitude enough.

Anybody heard of it or been there? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...