VCDS adaptations

R22JGB

• 3 weeks later...

Can you advice whether we can switch OFF the four wheel drive system on a Skoda Yeti 4x4 2011 model 

Err?

Why would you want to?

You do realise that it is only in 4WD when it needs to be. Most of the time it is front wheel drive.

• Like 1

Err?

Why would you want to?

You do realise that it is only in 4WD when it needs to be. Most of the time it is front wheel drive.

I read in a forum that the rain sensor is connected to the Haldex system and therefore it applies slight amount of brakes even though we do not require a full fledged AWD driving....

Also from what I understand from those days of having a cherokee.....It consumes brake pads, wears tyres .....Also we will not be able to drive in higher speeds.....

Guys , There is no need to buy the original VCDS for 250 GBP for your yeti...There are other third party vendors  having much more reliability and functions for less than USD 90/-  Please do not waste your hard earned  money....

"As you are posting the same thing all over the place I'll do the same with my question."

You may get the cable but are you sure it will give all the functions of a genuine one or will it even work at all.

More reliability and functions, where do you get that from?

Where did you get yours from and does it give full functionality?

I suspect I know the answer to that last question :devil:

This is a difficult question to reply considering that many hack softwares are similar to comparison with pirated films available on DVDs .......

Well RoseTech themselves have copied the same software from VAG ...... So what is the point of covering RoseTech.......In any case yes for sure they are professionals.........but in this techno explosive world , we have to give chance to other third party vendors to get rich else where is the market for buying and selling ...my friend...

I am sure people curse Microsoft here in Europe and Apple gets their share from the FBI in USA !! This is part of business ...we need to just eat the old traditional ethics and enter the new business world !!

Ross Tech have taken nothing from Vag. They have had to reverse engineer pretty much everything. This has included them buying cars to have access to the hardware. VAG have done nothing to help.

Then people hack their software and sell it cheap on eBay.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Ross-Tech are taking advantage of the OBD* socket on cars that has to be accessible to third parties and have written the program for it.

Saying that Ross-Tech have pirated that software is leaving yourself liable to prosecution even if it is because you have made a mistake in what you think.

Ill let you know once I test them....I cant tell you the source for now cos all of you will jump to that website and close them down !! 

But sure I ll keep you posted on my test results but you have to wait until October as I am not near my car ...i am in another country !!

So you say this after earlier making a confident statement about not wasting our money because there is a cheaper and better alternative.

Frankly, with this and your 4x4 posting you are coming across as a bit of a joke. A troll even.

Perhaps that is your intention!

Try not to judge too quickly........this will only screw your mind not mine ...!!    :clap: .

That's the first thing you've got correct :thumbup: