MOT Failure

Hi my 2008 fabia just failed it's mot on

parking brake: efficiently below requirements. (3.7.B.7)

Rear parking brake recording little or no effort (o/s and n/s) (3.7.B.6a)

Exhaust emmissions carbon monoxide content at idle excessive (7.3.D.4)

Emissions max limit 0.300 1st test 0.375 2nd test 0.382.

Any ideas what work I will need done to fix these issues and what kind of money I'm looking at.

Thanks in advance.

Model - might be an idea ( not said in any nasty manner) to go back into profile and add model as for rear brakes there's two types.

ASSUMING yours is one with rear drum brakes, I'd be looking at changing the rear shoes , again depending on mileage.  I think I changed mine around 75k .Very easy job, compared to a lot of the other cars I've done likewise on in over 50 years on the road, but I'd ask the pros if there's some way of stopping the wheel cylinders creeping out. First time

I’ve had this ,but also first car I’ve had with ABS. I got round it by fitting shoes ,applying pressure to shoes, and slightly releasing bleed nipple to let the shoes return.

Emissions- no suggestions, but daughter had this once, when she only did short hops. She took car for a motorway burn up and it passed with flying colours.

Emissions, reset the ECU, very easy - Assuming it's got a new or fairly new Air Filter fitted - Switch off ALL electrics and disconnect the battery for 30 minutes - Re-connect the battery and without touching any pedals or switches, start up and leave to idle for 30 minutes.

It's worth a chance and costs very little.

DB.