MOT Failure

Hi my 2008 fabia just failed it's mot on parking brake: efficiently below requirements. (3.7.B.7)

Rear parking brake recording little or no effort (o/s and n/s) (3.7.B.6a)

Exhaust emmissions carbon monoxide content at idle excessive (7.3.D.4) emissions max limit 0.300 1st test 0.375 2nd test 0.382.

Any ideas what work I will need done to fix these issues and what kind of money I'm looking at.

Thanks in advance.

Wow, shame on you, did you not see this coming?

It might help if you confirm which engine this car has - as well as confirming which type of rear brakes it has.

Hi thanks for your reply, it's a 2008 1.2. Not 100 on the brake type. I'm a little surprised because I took my car to kwik fit 4 weeks ago for a brake test as I thought they felt a bit spoungy but kwik fit said both pads and disks were well with in legal requirements but my brake fluid was a bit low. So I'm surprised the main issues are with the brakes.

I should mention that kwik fit topped the brake fluid up 4 weeks ago.

I should perhaps mention that the parking brake has nothing whatsoever to do with the hydraulic circuit. It's cable operated and you need to clean off the back of the rear calipers and lube the pivots on the arms to improve the performance.

• Like 1

I should perhaps mention that the parking brake has nothing whatsoever to do with the hydraulic circuit. It's cable operated and you need to clean off the back of the rear calipers and lube the pivots on the arms to improve the performance.