Bloody Potholes.

Had four Goodyear Asymmetric 3 tyres fitted about 200 miles ago , very pleased with them, but hit a pothole today and popped the side wall on front offside, not a Happy bunny, still no other damage.

Edited by DIZZY3

Yes, thought about claiming of the Council but don't have to much hope, they will try every trick in the book to get out of blame as they hate parting with money.

Edited by DIZZY3

Yes, thought about claiming of the Council but don't have to much hope, they will try every trick in the book to get out of blame as they hate parting with money.

I wonder how you would go about proving that pothole did that damage? :D.

People claim and get pay outs by using the internet.

Check the 'Pothole' websites,  see if your pothole features.

http://potholes.co.uk

See if others have reported it, if it was surveyed, if the council, local authority actually took any actions, 

had the contractor or those responsible for maintenance do a repair or schedule one. etc etc

Others on Briskoda have had recompense.

I went and took photographs where a member had a blow out on the A90 & 'BEAR' that are responsible for that Trunk Road had to pay out.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

Had four Goodyear Asymmetric 3 tyres fitted about 200 miles ago , very pleased with them, but hit a pothole today and popped the side wall on front offside, not a Happy bunny, still no other damage.

I've just had the same ones fitted and also quite like them so far although have only done around the same mileage. I'd have been absolutely fuming, think that's my worst nightmare lol. May as well try and put in a claim? Good luck!

Slightly off topic, A couple of years ago A marked police car was blocking the entrance to my works car park. The only way to gain access was to mount the curb which I did as I needed to get into work. As I dropped off the curb my NSF wheel caught the curb and scuffed the alloy wheel, I was fuming so I took a photo of the said police car blocking the entrance and the damage to my wheel, I emailed the local police station, told them what had happened and I included the Photo's. A nice policeman came to my house and told me to get the wheel repaired and they will pay for the repair.

Result.     Claim off the council    :yes:

I absolutely HATE bloody potholes, I've driven past and over some that make such a judder it feels as though someone's hit me up the arse sometimes!!

So basically I have to try and swerve to miss some that are ridiculously big/deep that never seem to get repaired or risk damaging my tires/alloys :swear: :swear: :swear: