Yeti Family Sport

Yetisport

Well from someone who views the Yeti as anonymous you didn't expect an accurate assessment did you! :)

Sorry that I obviously hurt you a lot by my post, that was not the intention with my first comment in here ever. I like most of the car a lot, and drive it as often as I can. But to be honest, a completely original Yeti is a nice little car, ok, but definitely no stunner.

I cannot get my head around that unless you have a totally different Yeti to anything I've seen, even in the extremes of adjustment available.

Our Yeti is not very different, its the standard 3.2 V6 Supercharged, 398 bhp 4x4

• Like 1

Err?

That is not a standard Yeti!

You are damned right. And unfortunately it will never be, but that's how I would have liked it. Ours is a 140 hp diesel DSG 4x4, not that bad either.

• Like 1

I had a Roomster and loved the MPG I got out of it and comfort on my 240 mile trip to Wales. I used to like the shape but I then got told it's a pope mobil.

I now have a Yeti and love to drive it as much as possible. The only thing I don't like is the fact it does not have the dip in the boot for the spare wheel. Lost so much boot space having a spare wheel.

Glenn

With a steering wheel which is placed in a flat, bus-driver manner of course.

Of course. You won't find it without, unfortunately. Seriously, if you do not see/feel that it is something wrong with the way the steering wheel is placed, I don't understand what other cars you compare with. I have had a lot of cars during my life, we usually have two or three cars in our family, but I have not had the feeling I get in the Yeti since my Fiat 600 in 1968. Apart from this, the Yeti is perfect, I really love the way it drive, the practicality and - the look of it after my few small adjustments.

Anyone else in here who can confirm that the steering wheel is placed somewhat awkwardly? On the Roomster it is - as previously mentioned - completely different, that car had a driving position similar to our Mazda MX5 NC.

I had a Roomster and loved the MPG I got out of it and comfort on my 240 mile trip to Wales. I used to like the shape but I then got told it's a pope mobil.

I now have a Yeti and love to drive it as much as possible. The only thing I don't like is the fact it does not have the dip in the boot for the spare wheel. Lost so much boot space having a spare wheel.

Glenn

I agree, we also went from a Roomster (1.9 TDI Sport - loved it!) and bought a Yeti. They sell it both with and without a spare wheel, and we bought a second hand car with the spare wheel. I soon found out that the sparewheel took almost half the luggage space, so I through it out and bought the few parts I needed to get the flat boot. That changed the practicality of the car completely, recommendef!

Unfortunately with do a 500 mile around trip at least once a month on Motorways late in the evenings, I can't risk not having a spare wheel.

Mine came without a spare wheel and he boot was great. Just disappointed with the space it takes up 

Glenn

Anyone else in here who can confirm that the steering wheel is placed somewhat awkwardly? On the Roomster it is - as previously mentioned - completely different, that car had a driving position similar to our Mazda MX5 NC.

Not at all. Find it perfectly normal.

Not at all. Find it perfectly normal.

Think I found out why your cars are normal: when they fit the steering column on "the wrong side of the car" like in Britain, it will be quite opposit to the cars built for the rest of the world. Lucky you - because the rest of my Yeti is quite nice

India & Australia have quite a lot of drivers sitting in the seat at the right hand side, Malta, Cyprus & Ireland as well, and there are others obviously around the world.

The right hand drive Yeti does have a bit of a lack of space in the foot well though.

• Like 1

India & Australia have quite a lot of drivers sitting in the seat at the right hand side, Malta, Cyprus & Ireland as well, and there are others obviously around the world.

The right hand drive Yeti does have a bit of a lack of space in the foot well though.

And I even forgot Trinidad and Tobago.

I have not noticed the problem with the footwell space in our LHD car. Actually I like the car a lot, but I was a little unlucky calling the car boring in my first post here. I never thought my post would engage so many people so much, but now I have learned. And then - I could not help keeping on provoking a little. Isn't this what a discussion forum is all about?

Have a nice evening.

Not noticed the lack of foot room, and I take size 12's, the pedal spacing is certainly better than my 55 plate Ducato motorhome, I wear trainers when driving that as I can catch the throttle with the outside of my foot when braking. That said my, Yeti is an auto and the Ducato a manual.

I have an artificial leg (foot) at the right side and drive using my left foot on the throttle so notice the likes of the Yeti or Superb that are tight due to the fat sills and how the foot well is and thats maybe just me that is bothered, but many smaller automatic cars have room to sit comfortably and have the right foot sitting doing nothing and my trouser area not crushed together.

The Yeti sills obviously when in the passenger side or driving a left hand drive seem fine to me.

Personal experience and situation i suppose.

I have an artificial leg (foot) at the right side and drive using my left foot on the throttle so notice the likes of the Yeti or Superb that are tight due to the fat sills and how the foot well is and thats maybe just me that is bothered, but many smaller automatic cars have room to sit comfortably and have the right foot sitting doing nothing and my trouser area not crushed together.

This makes me much more comfortable when on cruise control for longer distances.

Right%20Footrest_zps70azselt.jpg

• Like 1

A cramped space really for a medium sized SUV. Much more so than many other vehicles for many manufacturers.

Just how it is and you put up with it or it does not bother you if you want to drive a Yeti.

For my 42's I never even thought about it, but thats with the pedals on the other side.

Strange enough, the only car I have owned with lack of space for my feet, was a Porsche Boxster. And that car has the engine behind the seats, so one should believe there would be sufficient space up front!

I started this topic - my first here - with a provocation, not intended to be so, but find it interesting to be here now!

Have a nice weekend folks, friends or not, who all love the Yeti for different reasons!

Sorry that I obviously hurt you a lot by my post, that was not the intention with my first comment in here ever. I like most of the car a lot, and drive it as often as I can. But to be honest, a completely original Yeti is a nice little car, ok, but definitely no stunner.

You didn't hurt me! :)

I was just surprised that anyone could view the Yeti as anonymous!

My Yeti is our general runabout, for commuting to work and for when we go out with family and friends etc.

So to some extent I don't care what it looks like, but I like its chunky looks and it looks nice after a wash, but you're right it's no stunner.

For looks and driving enjoyment (though I enjoy driving the Yeti, but in a different way) I have the soft top Audi TT.

I still don't get your steering wheel comment. Being tall at 6'1" I have the wheel at its highest position but it still doesn't come anywhere near a flat, bus like angle. Even driving it after the TT it doesn't feel strange. If you prefer an even more upright angle why don't you just drop the wheel down?

I find the Yeti to be one of the most comfortable cars I've ever owned and with plenty of room. It's certainly going to be a hard act to follow when the time comes to change.

post-118346-0-50705600-1477256622_thumb.jpg

Edited by VAGCF
  • Like 1

"My Yeti is our general runabout, for commuting to work and for when we go out with family and friends etc."

Ours is used for exactly the same purposes, and when travelling to our place up in the mountains of Telemark, 1000m above sea level, where there is snow most of the year!

The chunky shape reminds me of my former Jeep Cherokee 1998 model, and the Yeti actually feels like a much more modern version of that car, with its square angles and large windows with good views."

My soft top MX5's take care of my "need for speed" (particularly the supercharged NA-version). So after all - our passion for cars might not be that different after all?

@ Yetisport  

I have had other Skodas, Octavia & Fabia, and when the Yeti came out it was & probabaly still is commented on how the owners of these cars can be very defensive of critisism, so dont take these comments personally, however if you ever want a heated discussion keep critising. :)

• Like 1