Ravenol oil anyone ?

I've just bumped into an add of Ravenol and I tried to do some research about it. It seems that it has a fully synthetic base, which Castrol doesn't seem to and it seems to offer good stuff for the money it costs. Have anyone tried it before ?

They seem to have a pretty neat oil finder utility based on the car manufacturer / model / engine type on their main website. It would have been great if it would have had an option for that engine's milage.  :notme:

Ravenol is approved bt VW (at least some of their oils are, as long as you choose the correct one), so I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be okay. If they use a fully synthetic base stock rather than castrols hydrocracked mineral based synthetic offering then it's got to be a better product.

Ravenol has VW approvals, it's made in Germany and the German bottles also have fully synthetic wording on the bottles and they do have to be 100% fully synthetic base oils in Germany or oil manufacturers cannot advertise it as a true fully synthetic. 

This is the VMP which is approved for VW 504 & VW 507 requirements. 

post-91516-0-94432000-1464590595_thumb.jpg

Edited by VRSD30
  • Like 1