Fuse keeps blowing on vrs 2006

Hello All I am new to this site and am requiring some assistance please,

I finally took the plunge and bought a 56 plate VRS in silver. I have to say its a nice drive and love the acceleration, when required...... . Anyway, last night I went to use my heater and noticed that the blower wasn't working. Checked the fuse and oh the fuse is blown! Tried the one and only spare fuse and the same when I tried to use the heater. The funny thing is, it was working 30 mins before. Is there a common problem with the heater blower or a resistor? Am going to get some more fuses today.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Update : fuses blow when ignition is turned on without heater on or reverse gear selected. Any ideas​

Thank you in advance​

Graham.

Hello. Afraid not. 5 amp required and it blows without switching anything on other than the ignition. Would like to know what else is connected into the circuit and where items are situated.

Thanks for your reply though :) 

Thank you for your replies. I have located air con pressure switch and I think the reverse switch. Disconnected both and tried but again the fuse still blows. What else is in circuit with these?

Thank you once again  

I just had the inlet manifold flap motor replaced on my bkd diesel, not sure if your car has one. It made no difference to car when it was up and running but it apparently does a job starting and stopping, anti shudder or something.

Anyway, what I didn't realise was that the fuse for this motor also covers the cooling fans, and because it was stuck the fuse kept blowing. Just a thought if you have a stuck motor of some sort which blows the fuse all the time.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I know what you mean about something like a motor being seized or tight etc. That's why I am trying to find out exactly what else is on the particular circuit. As you have probably seen above it's a small fuse - control circuit. Now I could really do with the air con..........

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Well, still have the same problem although we thought we had found the problem. The other day managed to get reverse lights, sensor and internal fan working as thought it was the air con compressor / valve. This blew the fuse when it was connected. Tried after disconnecting the valve and all seemed fine and no fuse blowing. Alas, the next day it done it again. So once again no reverse lights, fan etc again. Have tried disconnecting the reverse switch and high pressure along with the compressor valve. Anymore ideas please?

Thanks in advance 

Resistor is next to the blower motor. Follow the wires from the blower to the resistor. Very easy to remove. No need to remove the glovebox. Just take off the foam trim under the glovebox 2 plastic round screw plugs

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk