Alarm siren sounding - no fault codes on scan

Ah ok. Is that just a matter of unclipping the trim panel & disconnecting the loom underneath? Could that have given the code for the drivers door lock though? Thanks again!

Edited by nia573

It wouldn't give the code for the door no.

However convenience codes can sometimes take a little deciphering. It may mean the lock source was the car was locked then the monitoring set it off.

Pull up the measured values and tick the door latches and locks. Have a look down the list and see with all the doors closed, then open, locked, alarm on etc if anything looks out of sorts. Use the drivers door lock and check to see of its state follows the key.

Just a thought, whenever the alarm goes off, check by looking through the locked drivers door at the dash if the the red door open light is on. We often have a problem with the boot not fully shut and and that sets the alarm off.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, the cars been behaving for the past 2 weeks or so, then tonight just after arriving home & locking up the alarm went off about 30 secs or so later

As the alarm was sounding I had a look at the dash & it wasnt displaying that the door was open

I havent my vcds to hand but will plug in again to see what the source code was

• 5 months later...

Had another false alarm this evening & looking at the measured values 128 came up as the latest source code

Techie above mentioned that it was the drivers side rotary switch, but searching on this forum brings up posts with different source codes like this:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/221415-help-with-fault-codes-please/  (which refers to 128 as the interior monitor)

& Google brings up various posts mentioning that 128 could also be the interior monitoring, even though some refer to Golf Mk4s but some also mention Skodas.

Do the codes change for whichever year/make of car or are they standard across the vag range? & Can someone give me a source code list please for a 2010 Fabia 1.4 TDI

Thanks! 

• 2 months later...

Did you sort this? My 2008 Fabia is playing up similarly. However, I've noticed in the past couple of months that my passenger door doesn't always lock...

This corresponds to my alarm code of 02 which is passenger door rotary switch. I'm going to fit a new door lock and hope that fixes it.

According to my vcds for a fabia code 128 is interior monitoring. These seem to be different to the mk4 golf codes.

• 1 year later...