Turbo Police siren noise after remap... GT1749vb

Bhp and torque on a dyno doesn't tell you anything about the mapping other than power.

Sorry, I didn't have access to vcds, only a launch diagnostics computer...

The video hutchy just put up on YouTube is all I have if that's any help to you...

94% means the actuator has ran out of travel.

Can you add the file her so we can graph it?

Oh and your probably way past 2bar of actual boost as that peak value means you've gone past the MAP sensor limit. :(

Sorry I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to turbos and boost pressure etc.

so if it has gone past the MAP sensor limit would that not of put the car into limp mode?

Shame you've not got vcds lite and its good to graph these things to help see what's going on but looking at the video it's over posting big time.

My advice. Put a stock map back on. Buy a vcds lite cable of Ebay and download the demo from Ross tech.

Log group 11 using 3rd and graph it. If the duty cycle is higher than 70-75% at 4000 rpm then adjust the actuator rod length. Or hook a vacuum gauge up and set it so the actuator hits the stop screw at 17.5-18 on the gauge.

Once the turbo is setup right then take it somewhere to get mapped.

Also that unit is reading 1.68bar requested but then that is probably just the diagnostic limit either on the unit itself or the mapper hasn't increased the diagnostic limit in the map.

Shame you've not got vcds lite and its good to graph these things to help see what's going on but looking at the video it's over posting big time.

My advice. Put a stock map back on. Buy a vcds lite cable of Ebay and download the demo from Ross tech.

Log group 11 using 3rd and graph it. If the duty cycle is higher than 70-75% at 4000 rpm then adjust the actuator rod length. Or hook a vacuum gauge up and set it so the actuator hits the stop screw at 17.5-18 on the gauge.

I specifically asked the guy if the actuator needed adjusting and he said it's fine how it is, I'm going to ring them tomorrow and get to the bottom of this because it's mentally draining me!

I appreciate everything fabooka, thanks dude!

After fitting my Piper turbo back exhaust, my Fabia with the GT1756 has been overboosting like mad, luckily it went into limp mode a few times at around 4k revs so I realised it was overboost, had it checked by my mapper and it was almost hitting 3 bar but luckily limp mode saved the turbo, getting a new map from scratch this weekend.

Luckily I only put my foot down on 3 occasions and all 3 times it went into limp mode so I wasn't really pushing it too much, too paranoid after my last turbo blew lol

A few people running them at 2.2 bar but I think 2 bar is what they are rated at

After fitting my Piper turbo back exhaust, my Fabia with the GT1756 has been overboosting like mad, luckily it went into limp mode a few times at around 4k revs so I realised it was overboost, had it checked by my mapper and it was almost hitting 3 bar but luckily limp mode saved the turbo, getting a new map from scratch this weekend.

That would be the cat-delete then?

Could it be the map thats causing duty cycle to be so high?

With it hits 95% I would say no. The ecu had opened the actuator as much as it can to try and reduce the pressure on the hot side. So my guess is the actuator rod is too short not allowing full movement of the canes.

• Like 1

With it hits 95% I would say no. The ecu had opened the actuator as much as it can to try and reduce the pressure on the hot side. So my guess is the actuator rod is too short not allowing full movement of the canes.

Ah I see, Would you know roughly how much I would need to adjust the rod length on the actuator? I haven't got access to a vaccum pump tester thingy or vcds until next week and the car is booked in for monday...

Basically I can crawl under the car, slack the nut off and adjust it 1 full turn possibly? And tighten the but back up before Jamie goes for an hour long drive to get a different map out back on.

So yeah, as above, what's your educated guess at adjustment?

Why not get the mapper to set the fecking actuator properly since they didn't bother checking it despite saying that they had, least they can do.

I said that on the phone to them after I got the logs and they said they don't touch the actuators... However when I asked at the time of the remap they said it didn't need adjusting as it was setup fine :/

If they don't touch the actuator (fair enough as I never either) then when mapping they should have logged it and seen it was over boosting and told you they cannot continue with the mapping until the turbo setup was resolved.

Logging is the key and this is a prime example that a dyno with a bhp figure means **** all to the quality of the setup.

To set the actuator you will need the stock map putting back on and vcds lite or another data logger which can log rpm, specified boost, requested boost and duty cycle, export the data into an excel file so you can view the data. For a stock map you want the duty cycle to be around the high 60s to low 70s% at 4000rpm.