Hi All,

Is there an efficient DPF cleaner liquid which I can use in fuel, before fueling? 

DPF light on my car is never blinked or switched on, but the smell of the exhausted gas is really smelly. When I bought my car it was not smelly.

I always kept the DPF regeneration.

Which is the best DPF cleaner liquid which really efficient?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know it is full or not, maybe yes, but the regeneration should be burn the ash.

If the light switched on permanently in that case, I should be replace the DPF. is it correct?

I just would prevent the exchange of DPF, with cleaning of it at first, because a new DPF is really expensive.

A regeneration is only able to burn off soot, leaving an amount of oil ash. This is why DPF filters have a service life as once it's full of oil ash it'll need replacing.

Personally, I wouldn't add any DPF cleaners on a CR engine as I doubt they are needed. It's well designed with the DPF is close to the engine so should be hot enough to burn off the soot on a normal highway run.

If your engine is in good condition and not burning oil then the DPF should be fine for 200000-300000km assuming the car is able to regen when needed.

Just go drive a few miles at 60 in 4th.  If that doesn't burn it off there may be something else wrong.  My car quite often stinks but being a taxi it does a lot of small runs so not really ideal for emissions strangled dervs.

A garage should be ale to do a forced regeneration if it is not doing it itself.

Mine will do a regen in the middle of town, once amusingly at lights at 3am with my colleague behind me.  Looked like an 80s pop video all lit up by his Xenons

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Mine will do a regen in the middle of town, once amusingly at lights at 3am with my colleague behind me.  Looked like an 80s pop video all lit up by his Xenons

I would LOVE to be able to do this on command, unleash a dirty cloud onto a tailgater.....

• Like 1