Rear seat belt fasteners

I always wondered about the rear seat belts, as they quite often went behind the rear seats into the boot space and disappeared. Very irritating.

A closer look yesterday (cleaned out the car!), and I found that there are little straps with press studs on that actually keep the seat belts within reach, situated on the outside edge of the seats.

But I only have one, on one side.  A previous owner must have ripped the other one off somehow. So any chance of replacing it?  The press stud is still there, but no strap. I could sew it back onto the seat if I could find a strap.

And another thing, the seat belts in the back don't retract properly as I think they should. Is there a quick fix? I had to have the driver's seat belt replaced while it was under warranty, but that's run out now, and I had no idea the back seat belts were also faulty as they are not used very often.

never noticed the press studs but ours has a little slot on the trim to but the buckle part of the belt in 

next time i am in the boot i'll have look for them 

• Like 2

A closer look yesterday (cleaned out the car!), and I found that there are little straps with press studs on that actually keep the seat belts within reach, situated on the outside edge of the seats.

I noticed these straps on my Scout, although I never used them.  I couldn't be bothered with unfastening and refastening them every time I put my Roomster into "van" mode.  To be frank, they did seem a bit flimsy.

never noticed the press studs...

My SE doesn't have these straps.

...ours has a little slot on the trim to but the buckle part of the belt in 

I use these slots, too.  Simple and convenient.

Edited by Robjon
  • Like 1

SInce June of 2010 when we bought our Roomster, rear seat belts refuse to fully retract and I have to give them a slight help to do so. It is quite annoying but still love that car.

• Like 1

SInce June of 2010 when we bought our Roomster, rear seat belts refuse to fully retract and I have to give them a slight help to do so. It is quite annoying but still love that car.

Mine are the same.  They retract so far, then I have to feed in the last 12" or so.  They work ok if you give them a sharp tug, so the safety aspect is working.  In a previous life I think my car was a workhorse, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's just too dirty to work properly.

I'm going to try this method, as detailed on the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XL8QbooM84

• Like 1

Exactly! I just have no time to perform that cleaning operation without the need of moving kids with the car. So if you do clean your seatbelts, please let me (let us) know about the results.

Exactly! I just have no time to perform that cleaning operation without the need of moving kids with the car. So if you do clean your seatbelts, please let me (let us) know about the results.

I certainly will!  I have washed them using the method in the video, but they are not quite dry yet, so leaving them until tomorrow, then we'll see....

So, I cleaned the seat belts. It made a little bit of difference, but I still had to feed in the last 6 inches! The colour that the water turned (nice shade of grey/brown) has convinced me it was worth the effort anyway.

Edited by Morgana
  • Like 1

I was going to upload a few images, one of the shoulder strap thingy, and one of the slots as mentioned above. But there is no direct upload from file option, so I guess I won't be! :D

I was going to upload a few images, one of the shoulder strap thingy, and one of the slots as mentioned above. But there is no direct upload from file option, so I guess I won't be! :D

Hi,

Go into  Reply / Hit Quote then ...

Try hitting - More Reply Options Button - (Bottom Right)

Should then get an Attach Files / Choose Files Button - Bottom Left

HTH

Hi,

Go into  Reply / Hit Quote then ...

Try hitting - More Reply Options Button - (Bottom Right)

Should then get an Attach Files / Choose Files Button - Bottom Left

HTH

Thanks!  Here are the photos of the 'shoulder straps for the back seat belts, and some little slots - are these the ones mentioned?

post-138582-0-37183000-1467456566_thumb.jpg

post-138582-0-24691400-1467456573_thumb.jpg

Edited by Morgana
  • Like 1