Not a bye from me, but a bye from my Skoda

Rhys94

Hi all, as the title states. It's not a bye from me, but a bye from my Skoda.

Sadly my good old Fabia Classic 1.4 MPi was involved in an accident late October. It was written off and I was sad to see it go. Since then I've owned two cars, as a stop gap I was driving around in a 1997 Vauxhall Astra 1.4.

It wasn't quick, but it was surprisingly enjoyable and smooth to drive. It done me well and I actually enjoyed driving it for the duration of time I had it.

Since then, I've gone out and bought a 2008 MK6 Ford Fiesta ST, which I love. Easily the most fun car I've had the pleasure of owning. Despite now owning a Ford as opposed to a Skoda, I'm going to remain a Briskoda member and any meets I'm welcome to attend I'll see if I can get along to.  

The National last year was brilliant, a weekend of cars, camping and good company. Made some good friends last year and I might try and get myself along this year too. This time in the ST (it's not quite track ready so I won't be getting any track time, but I'd be interested in attending and enjoying the event).

Rhys

post-130345-0-70239800-1466351202_thumb.jpg

post-130345-0-60153600-1466351211_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rhys94
  • Like 2

Nice to see people sticking around even when they have moved on from Skoda.  Who knows, you might be back to a Skoda again some day!

It's a good club to be a part of, with good people. Why move on?! I've also seen other ST owners out and about the site! You never know, I do like a good Octy VRS! Might get myself one some time in the future.

• Like 1

Shall have to keep my eyes peeled for you and give a wave, there's a monthly meet every first Tuesday of the Month at the West Meon Hut about an hour from Poole :) I go there every month as the people I've met there I've become great friends with and attended a couple of track days too

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Shall have to keep my eyes peeled for you and give a wave, there's a monthly meet every first Tuesday of the Month at the West Meon Hut about an hour from Poole :) I go there every month as the people I've met there I've become great friends with and attended a couple of track days too

Yeah definitely, might be able to pop along. The next one is just over a week away, what time does it start and where could I find you all?!

Edited by Rhys94

Yeah definitely, might be able to pop along. The next one is just over a week away, what time does it start and where could I find you all?!

7 onwards :)http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/401915-west-meon-40-tues-050716/#40---Tues-05/07/16

You can always meet me at Rownhams Services at say 6:15 and you can follow me down there

7 onwards :)http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/401915-west-meon-40-tues-050716/#40---Tues-05/07/16

You can always meet me at Rownhams Services at say 6:15 and you can follow me down there

Rownhams Services at 6:15 it is mate, I'll see you there if you're still up for it.

What goes on at this particular meet?

• Like 1

Rownhams Services at 6:15 it is mate, I'll see you there if you're still up for it.

What goes on at this particular meet?

Awesome stuff, general mockery of the Citigo :rofl: its just a monthly meet really, catch up with friends and then some food as well, people usually head off around 9 or 10 :)

Sometimes the meet clashes with the piston heads meet, but only once or twice a year generally

• Like 1

Awesome stuff, general mockery of the Citigo :rofl: its just a monthly meet really, catch up with friends and then some food as well, people usually head off around 9 or 10 :)

Sometimes the meet clashes with the piston heads meet, but only once or twice a year generally

Hahah! Bet it gets all the grief! Nice one, sounds good. I'll see you at Rownhams services 6:15 on Tuesday.