Help with repair costs for distributor work

Hi all,

Here's a small bit of background info, just so you understand my issue.

I'm on holiday in france in my 2010 Superb estate, then the engine light comes on and the manual tells me i have an exhaust issue. After a little hiccup i get the car looked at by a Skoda garage and they tell me that it's the (in french) dephaseur. I'm fluent in french but not fluent in car, but I understood that this is part of the distribution system from what was explained to me by the mechanic.

I am weighing up my options and it would really help me to know what sort of costs I'd expect to pay for work on the distribution system at a Skoda garage in the UK. I understand that there will not be an exact cost, but Minimum and maximum costs would really help.

Also, if anyone knows French, and knows that I am wrong thinking that the dephasuer is part of the distribution system, please shout.

Thank you all so much in advance.

Edited by LucyLastic