Fabia Monte Carlo 2 replacing 205/40/R17

crumpler

Hi

I've replaced both Conti front tyres @ 27,000 miles with Kumhos, but left them on the front as I didn't want the rear rims to start getting pothole damage.

1 only lasted 10000 miles before needing replaced due to a bulge. (Before you ask I'm pretty careful but the rims are easily damaged. That's also the condition of the roads in the Edinburgh area for you)

2nd Kumho is also needing replaced after only 13000 miles, again with a bulge

I'm tempted to go back to Contis as the rears have plenty life left still after 40,000 miles & sidewalls when on the front seemed to be more robust.

Has anyone tried any other makes that they could recommend?  I've read decent reviews on Avon ZZ5 & Uniroyal RainSport 3, but would welcome other opinions

Thanks

Edited by crumpler

I've just purchased 4 Uniroyal Rainsport 205/45/17 from Camskill as wanted to replace original 205/40/17 

Will let you know what there like when I get them on

• Like 1

I am running Tigar Syneris in 205/40 R17 on a Mk2 Fabia vRS and they are good in all weather we have had in Scotland this year and they have done better than just about every other tyre so far standing up to bad roads and ironwork on roads.

http://shop.atseuromaster.co.uk/tyres/tigar/syneris

To fit Pirelli P7's does it not need to be 215/40 R17's or 205/45R17's as they do not come in 205/40 R17s, or do they now?