Mongol Rally - spare key needed 04 1.2 Fabia Mk1

My brother in law is driving his 2004 1.2 Fabia Mk1 Estate from London to Mongolia (11651 miles and 17 countries) next month to raise funds for Charity and for the experience.

http://goan-gypsies.com/

We are trying to get his car prepared for the journey and need to get another key with built in fob.

Besides the Main Skoda Dealers, does anyone make spare keys as my BIL only has the one.

They are also looking for Sponsors.

If anyone is interested in Sponsoring them or just showing some support please see:

http://goan-gypsies.com/

thanks

Branches of Timpsons cut & code keys, but price I was quoted for mine was around £100. However, I did find a little back street place( locksmith) ,that (with a bit of haggling) would do one for mine for about £40. RAC bloke mentioned to my daughter a few years back, that locksiths have seen the opportunity due to dealer greed ,gotten th kit and undercut the dealers big time.

Not sure where you are based but there is a member on here, 'actionman' or something along those lines, that cuts and codes keys. He comes to you, however he divides the travel costs between several customers, so if it were only your brother in law that wanted a key cut in your area, he would have to charge the travel costs exclusively to him. Worth a try though, he cut and coded a new key for me, I think it was £75 off the top of my head.

JRJG

EBay. . There are a few on there that will supply a basic key cut from a photo of yours. I would be tempted to get a couple and either remove the working chip carefully and glue it to the reader or get someone to code up the new keys if you can find someone local with the gear to do so.

The chip will come out easy enough just soak it in thinners for 5 mind first.